This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Dear Taylor, 

Honestly, I can’t believe how fast these four years have flown by! You’ve definitely had your ups and downs these past few years but I’m happy to let you know that each year has gotten better and better (trust me I know). 

Like remember when you were in your Bio 101 lab and found out Zayn left 1D and thought the world was over?? Yeah that was rough but I mean now you’re going to a Harry Styles concert this summer… so there’s always a silver lining right?? 

But, more importantly, I just wanted to write you to let you know that you’re doing a great job and that you’re going to be okay. I know wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts was a huge deal freshman year and that you felt like you were on a constant emotional roller coaster trying to fit in, but I can assure you that you’ll find your place in the world with amazing people you love. 

I know freshman year sucks and I know how often you doubt yourself and how hard you beat yourself up over awkward social situations and those “A-’s”.  As a senior, you’ll still have those awkward situations and hell you’ve gotten some “B’s!” but you’ll realize how much you’re really worth and that nothing will diminish it. I am kind of surprised right there with you but hey, those things become trivial once you start loving yourself. 

I wish I could go back in time and hug you and tell you personally that life isn’t something you need to stress and doubt. I wish I could show you how you grow IMMENSELY during your four years here (like studying abroad for a semester, starting your first job, and realizing how much you hate alcohol). Most of all, I want you to know how proud I am of you and that you have helped me be the person I am today. 

By the way, you’re going to kick yourself for not having watched Peaky Blinders sooner. Two words; Cillian Murphy. 

With love, Taylor (2018 version) 

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.