La Verne Royalty: Evelyn Bobbitt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

A sparkly crown is something many dream of and for members of Homecoming Court, it becomes a reality. This year’s crowned queen is not only gorgeous and kind, she is also a smart cookie headed toward veterinary school. Check out this Q&A with the inspiring 2014 Homecoming Queen, Evelyn Bobbitt: 

Name: Evelyn Bobbitt

Major: Pre-Med Biology

Hobbies: Volunteering with animals, community leadership, being adventurous

Campus Activities: Iota Delta Sorority, Order of Omega Honor Society

Role Model: My dad, David Bobbitt

Favorite Quote: “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”

Her Campus: What did it feel like to be crowned as the 2014 Homecoming Queen?

Evelyn Bobbitt: It was such an honor that I didn’t expect. I was completely humbled by the thought of being able to leave a positive impact in peoples’ lives. I am grateful for that wonderfully unforgettable experience.

HC: What advice would you give to freshmen at ULV?

EB: The more effort you put into being involved in your La Verne community, the more wonderful your La Verne experience will be. Don’t be afraid to fail, it helps shape you into the wonderful person you are meant to be!

HC: What are your goals for the future?

EB: My biggest goal is to attend veterinary school then pursue a career in veterinary medicine. I love animals, people and science; I look forward to living my passion everyday! Chase your passions, too!

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.