Hey Whatsup Hello and Thank You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

HEY WHATSUP HELLO

Now this ain’t a Fetty Wap song and we aren’t each other’s trap queen nor are we remixin’ for low

But I’m about to drop a beat.

If you are what you say

You say what you are

You’ll go far

Never looking back or too far in front of me

The present is a gift and I just wanna be 

Life is short if you don’t notice it’ll pass you by,

That’s why my head is in the clouds trying to pass the sky 

Say hello say thank you

follow through, whew

What if it was you in their shoes?

Say more do more, change the globe (I can by Nas)

so what’s under your robe? 

(Lyric and beat Courtesy taken from various bits from the artists: Common, Nas, and Ludacris) 

Okay maybe I’m not so good at dropping beats.

Real talk now.. Now it’s real plausible for our evolving society and within our fast-paced nature and ever-changing environment to influence our everyday behavior and actions. Depending on how one was raised and some cultural influence in one’s attitude, different ideas can be valued. Everyone has their own language of expression. As to saying hello or saying thank you to a person is merely the least bit of our worries in our busy life.

As the words “thank you’ are no longer an association to our everyday life. Our perspective on jobs and work are that – It needs to be done and no one needs to thank you for what you do. And that’s wrong.

Why is it that we often insist on being unfocused in our surroundings?

Why do polite gestures go unnoticed?

Why do we spend our conversation time on how bad was our day but not what was good from it?

Acknowledgement of a person’s actions can be beneficial in our lives and theirs. We want the other person to appraise what they’ve done for us and hopefully in the future, they’d remember that. People like being needed and feel more socially valued when they’d been thanked or talked to. It’s a “Hey thanks for what you do for me” or a “Hey I want to get to know you more” warm feeling, a feeling they’d want again and again. The act of saying thank you reassures the helper that their help is valued and motivates them to provide more.

Now it is casual. Everyday these gestures are done. It means:

Hey or Hello – I’m expressing interest, I want to catch up, I’m addressing you, This is me greeting to you

Make eye contact, smile and say hello – no one is going to be offended by having a stranger smile and say hello to them. Throw in a how are you and see how the conversation starts! They’ll be grateful and so will you.

Whatsup – What’s happening in your life? What are you doing right now? I want to know what you’ve been up to!

Share your story – find a good story to tell and share it. Provide good conversations and uplifting spirit.

Thank you – I really appreciate you doing this

Say thank you when someone compliments you. Say thank you when someone opens the door for you. Say thank you when someone helps you explain a math problem. Say thank you when someone gives you a ride home.

Simple as that.

There are so many opportunities to show appreciation and acknowledgement. Fetty Wap knows what he’s addressing when he says his “Hey, What’s up and Hello” now.. do you?

Also, Thank you 

Thank you

and Thank you

for reading

(Lyric and beat Courtesy taken various bits by Common, Nas, and Ludacris) 

(Gifs Courtesy of reactiongifs, funnycutegifs, buffer, serious, Google)

Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com