This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I have a REALLY hard time trying to find Christmas gifts for all of my loved ones in my life. I never know which malls to go to and it often becomes more of a stressful than enjoyable time for me!

Luckily, we live right next to the cutest downtown EVER. Downtown Claremont offers some fun and unique shops to browse for those last minute gifts this holiday season. Here are some places I especially love, because not only do you find the gifts you’ve been looking for, but you can also treat yourself along the way!

So before you head home for the holidays, visit this neighboring downtown and try your luck this holiday season!

1. Economy Shop

The staff is always friendly and there are not only clothes, but home goods as well! If you’re ballin on a budget during this holiday season, check out this awesome thrift store! My sister loves to browse through all of the thrift stores in downtown Claremont, and this one’s the most affordable and our parents and grandparents love unique home decor finds!

2. Nectar Clothing

When I walk into Nectar, I will always walk out with SOMETHING- it’s kind of dangerous.

Their clothes, shoes, and accessories are trendy and so much fun! They also have bath and body products, AMAZING candles and friendly staff. This is where I buy gifts for my sister for every holiday (and most often then not, I get a little something for myself as well).

This is also the place to go if you need a fun Christmas party or Christmas Eve outfit!

3. Rhino Records

For the music lovers in your life, this is the place you want to browse through and buy some gifts! From CDS, cassettes and vinyls, the possibilities are endless for all music lovers. I’ve gone in this shop multiple times with my vinyl-lover friends and the look on their faces when they find what they’re looking for is PRICELESS. 

4. Some Crust Bakery

For the foodie in your life, Some Crust Bakery is your definite go to. Their selections are AMAZING, cookies, brownies, muffins, scones, et cetera. You name it and they probably got it. They also have gluten free options, that taste just as good as the delicious wheat filled options beside them! Grab a box of these pastries for a loved one and you wont be sorry! They also have a café right beside the bakery that has incredible sandwiches, croissants and coffees!

Good luck with finals week and happy shopping during this holiday season!

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.