DIY 15 minute facemask

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

When getting back to school after spring break has you down, take a few minutes to treat yourself with a homemade facemask.

Go to the local grocery store and pick up four simple ingredients that will leave your skin feeling refreshed and moisturized. I tried an avocado DIY mask from the blog, Sincerely, Kinsey. Do it yourself masks are especially easy because most of the ingredients are already in your refrigerator.

The recipe calls for avocado, honey, yogurt and lemon. Blend all the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and then rub evenly on the skin. Leave this on for 15 minutes and your skin will feel brand new and have the perfect springtime glow.

I tried this recipe the other night with a few of my friends and it left our skin softer then ever. Mix up the recipe and add your own flair. Add some extra spa night fun by slicing some cucumbers for your eyes and taking plenty of facemask selfies! Just take 15 minutes for yourself and I’m sure you will love the results! Happy face masking!