Creating My College To-Do List and Completing It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

As senior year is approaching, I’m starting to realize that it’s all really coming to an end! Eating at DP, Thursday parties, and CAB events with chicken strips are eventually going to become a thing of the past. Also I realize that my La Verne experience is still unfulfilled. For La Verne being a small school, we have our own little traditions like every other college campus. Some involve doing crazy abnormal things and others involves eating a local resturaunts with your closest friends. My experience with being involved on campus started a little late and now I’m interested in ending my college career with a bang. I also realized that there was a lot of things I never did before on and off campus with my fellow Leopards. Like go to a Toga Party, the All White Party and have a nice date at Wahfles. In order to distract myself from the stresses of being an adult, I decided to come up with a way to keep myself busy. I created a La Verne bucket list when I was a freshman. This list includes the things that typical La Verne students do on and off campus . My goal is to try to finish all of these items by May 2017. Here are the top 5 things on my La Verne bucket list that I both completed and still need work on. I also encourage other students to follow for a great college experience.

Image by anthonyjuarez.wordpress.com

1. Be Involved in the La Verne famous Acronyms: ASULV, CAB or OWL

La Verne is known for their many acronyms on campus (example: DP, OWL, OSL and many more). The top three and the most time committing are ASULV, CAB and OWL. Being involved in two of these organizations has completely changed my whole experience in college. I met alot of new people, including both students and faculty. I also learned alot about myself and the things I’m capable of doing under preasure. I gained leadership skills, lifelong friendships, mentors and many perks. Including endless amounts of chicken strips, shirts and backstage access to La Vernapalooza. 

2. Be on LaVogue 

The covetted fashion blog post stylish students on campus, and deep down we all were dying to be one of them. 

3. Late Night Donut Trips 

Sadly, I found out about this hidden gem in La Verne a little late. If you continue driving down Foothill you can stumble on the greatest donuts in the IE, The Donut Man. Tip: Try the Strawberry Donut

4. Go to CAB Events: Strictly for food

Free food, shirts and etc. *Enough Said. 

5. Experience Thursday Nights in La Verne 

La Verne isn’t really know for their parties, but I give them a B for effort. In college, Thursday are the turn up nights in La Verne. Every other Thursday, Soccer, Water Polo or Basketball throws parties that are overly crowded and everyone is a hot mess. It’s annoying, but it instantly becomes a memory of a crazy night in La Verne

Autumn Simon is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is an aspiring publicist. She is a movie junkie and is interested in all things Disney. While she isn't in class she is multicultural chair on the Campus Activity Board, publicist of Shades of Essence, a part time Cast Member at Disneyland, a writer for La Vouge and a writer for the campus' magazine and newspaper.