Countdown Christmas Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

#5. Home Alone

This huge 1990 hit is a perfect blend of slapstick comedy intertwined with a plot we haven’t see much before. Macauly Culkin is fantastic and charming and carries this film to another level of Christmas classic.

#4. Christmas Vacation 

This holiday sequel in the vacation franchise is original and wacky. Chevy Chase is at his best as the overly positive but on the borderline crumbling brink of insanity of a father Clark Griswold. 

#3. A Christmas Story 

A boys story of wanting a bb gun for christmas takes us on a journey of a whacky family and their child who is determined to to get his gift. This film has so many memorable lines and characters that its hard not to make a chrismas film list without it. 

#2. Love Actually

Several connected characters intertwining to tell a story about love seems cliche noawadays. But Love Actually is one of the first to get it done right as it is touching and doesnt force anything to the viewer. 

#1. It’s a Wonderful Life

Jimmy Stewart’s stars in this delightful moral lesson of a man who is depressed after losing his job on christmas and he wishes he never had the life he had before. This leads to him waking in an alternate reality where every relationship and experience he ever had is gone. The greatest thing about this film and what makes it stand out as the best Christmas movie is that it teaches a valuable lesson about being grateful and sharing your love as it will reward you through the best and even worst of times

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com