The Commuter’s Playlist for Her

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Waking up to go to school sucks. What makes matters worse is when you are stuck in traffic heading anywhere, but back to bed. This playlist consists of 15 songs that are bound to make you make feel energized and ready to take on the day. Just press shuffle.

Rinse and Repeat- Riton ft. Kah-Lo 

Between the fun rave beat and the monotone repition, this song can wake you up as you dance and sing along in your car. 

Lip Gloss- Lil Mama

We all know that you couldn’t help but go all out with these rap lyrics. Putting in this throwback song is good way to show off that fierce confidence to be seen in every girl.

7/11- Beyoncé

Whether she is your queen or not, a good playlist should consist of one of the many hits by Beyoncé. How else are you gonna rule the world if you don’t have B backing up while driving down the street.

Kanye – The Chainsmokers ft. SirenXX

Sometimes that fantasyland of ours looks amazing compared to our reality. Turn this song up and it’ll become your new anthem. This song perfectly reflects our deepest desires of living it up… as if we were Kanye. 

Bang my Head- David Guetta ft. Sia, Fetty Wap

Combining the two different artistic styles of Sia and Fetty, David Guetta brings to us this beautiful mix. This song can inspire us while we drive reminding us that even though we feel like banging our heads againt the wall, we still have the strength to keep going and feel amazing doing it. 

Emperor’s New Clothes- Panic! At the Disco

Warning! This music video is freaky but the song itself is amazing. Time and time again, this song has a tendency to blow your mind as you rock out with Brendan Urie. If you want a song to represent how badass you are and even a little rebellious, then this song is definitely on the list. 

It wasn’t me- Shaggy ft. Ricardo Ducent

You know you’re a 90’s kid when… you just can not help but sing along with this song. Even though the message can be looked down upon my spirits can always be lifted out of the traffic jam as I swear that “it wasn’t me.” 

Final Song- MO

Dont worry, just because it’s the name of the song doesn’t mean that this is the final song of the playlist. This song’s moving melody is in many ways perfect and can help you relax during the stress of the commute. 

No Money- Galantis

AKA EVERY COLLEGE STUDENT’S LIFE.  We are so stressed about having no money as a college student that we forget that sometimes we just need to let go and have fun. THIS SONG IS IT! Let us forget about our empty pockets for the three minutes of this song and enjoy life as the wind blows through our hair as we drive through the freeways.

SexyBack – Justin Timberlake ft. Timberland

Everybody needs some J.T, so your welcome. Listen to this load and proud in your car to make others on the freeway wish they were you.

Gangsta- Kehlani

From the new monvie, Suicide Squad, comes this hypnotic rhythm that will get you in the mood to make people understand that you are a strong woman who only demands her evqivlent in life to be as badass as she is. In this song you are not a woman to be messed with. 

I’m an Albatraoz- AronChupa

If you love the techno world or even love girl power, then this song is for you. It’s a dog eats dog world out there and with this song as your battlecry no one will stand in your way.

You & Me- Marc. E. Bassy ft. G-Eazy

With all this girl power in this playlist, it’s nice to remember that special someone who has your back. In this song,you are the everything. The whole world fades and you and him two are together. Careful daydreaming to this song… remember your still on the freeway, but at least you can still be on the road and smile like an idiot.  

Reality- Lost Frequencies ft. Janieck Devy

If you really want to daydream then this song is for you. Instead of heading to school or work, pretend you are on your way to the beach. The carefree feeling that flows through this song turns any road rage into a gentle bliss.

What the Hell- Avril Lavigne

It’s Avril… just say “what the hell” and add it, I promise you wont regret it. The energy alone in this final song of your playlist will do miracles to any situation that you just can’t handle in the moment, not even the dead traffic could bother you.

Don’t agree with some songs on the playlist? Good! Everybody has their own preferences on what music helps them with that terrible drive and these are mine. 

-J

With every picture I have ever taken and every story I have ever written, I have lived a thousand lives.