Coffee Corner Presents Klatch Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Coffee: A staple product in the life of a busy collegeiette.  Let’s be honest, if you’re anything like me, this stimulant is what gets you through the day. Whether it’s staying up late cramming for finals or just making it through that 8 a.m. class, coffee makes it that much easier. I’m sure all of you are familiar with our beloved Starbucks (thank goodness for ventis!) but the average college student rarely ever ventures outside of the massive coffee chains. I’m here to show you that there’s more to life than a Caramel Frappuccino by showing you some hidden treasures around La Verne that are great for caffeine—and for study breaks!

Name: Klatch Coffee

Price: $

Location:

806 W Arrow Hwy

Ste A

San Dimas, CA 91773

(909) 599-0452

Hours:

Mon-Fri 6 am – 9 pm

Sat-Sun 7 am – 9 pm

First off on my list is a little place called Klatch Coffee, located on Arrow Highway in San Dimas.  Since 1993, formerly Coffee Klatch, Klatch Coffee has been searching the world over for the finest coffee. Buying from only the top 1% of beans available, Klatch roasts in small batches to ensure optimum flavor and freshness.

If you were looking for a good place to start as far as your coffee adventures go, this would be the place. Klatch offers a variety of drinks to appeal to the coffee-lover’s tastes, whether it is a traditional espresso, iced coffee, or something more unique like a Lavender Latte, Klatch has it all.

The café offers a little lounge area for student to come with their homework and relax. Free wifi is available so you can spend hours just relaxing on the couches and drinking some award winning coffee.

Needless to say, this place didn’t disappoint. I had checked online prior to arriving and I saw that one of their more popular choices was a Crème Brule Latte. I had that along with a Turkey Pesto Panini and a lemon bar. Everything was fantastic, and not hard on the wallet either. The drinks ranged from $2-$4 a pop, the most expensive being about $6 for 24oz of an ice cream/coffee blended concoction.

The baristas were super friendly and each cup of coffee they serve is decorated with beautiful designs made-to-order.

The only drawback to my entire experience at Klatch is that it tends to draw a larger crowd than most coffee shops. The noise level inside was a little high, but nothing that plugging in some headphones couldn’t fix.

Overall, I’d give this place a 4 out of 5 stars for overall experience. The coffee itself is amazing, way better than anything you’ll find at any chain store, and the ambiance of the café makes you feel right at home. So next time you need a place to study and are in need of some caffeine, head down to Klatch Coffee for some quality drinks and a good time.

Stay tuned for more hidden caffeine gems near campus with Coffee Corner! 

~Journalist//Musician//Coffee Addict~Alison Rodriguez is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in Southern California. She is the Celebrity Editor for Her Campus at La Verne and  has written for publications such as ULV's Campus Times and La Verne Magazine. Alison is a member of Iota Delta Sorority and is also a part-time customer service representative at the Rose Bowl as well as a barista at Coffeeberry."Creativity is a passion, writing is a means of expression."