This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

As the semester slowly opens, students walk into La Verne with interest in getting involved in new clubs. Semesterly, the University of La Verne has a club showcase to present to students the different oppurtunities on campus to get involved. However, club showcase is overwhelming, tiring and chaotic. The showcase also does not bring to the light the cool, new and smaller clubs we have on this campus. La Verne presents an oppurtunuty for everyone on campus to be involved. Clubs on campus were made for those who wants a club that just satisfies your interest. Some clubs are hobbies, networking, or simply bonding and building friendships.  Our options of clubs tries to appeal at least everybody’s needs on campus. Although our school is small, our population is growing and so are our clubs. Check out these cool clubs on campus! 

Bonding/Friendships

These clubs try to satisfy the ultimate need for college students, friendships. It’s hard facing a world like college alone but it is easier when you have friends there to help you out. Majority of our club’s purpose is to develop friendships, but there ase some whose main focus is building lifelong bonds and opening up. Examples of these clubs and organizations are Greek Life, I Am That Girl, Shades of Essence

Diversity

The University of La Verne is well known for our diversity on campus. Majority of our diverse and inclusivity statistics comes from the different cultural clubs on campus. The purpose of thesse clubs are to ass cultural enrichments in our every day lives. These clubs throw events based off of the culture they are representing and have meetings dealing with important topics from the culture like, Immigration and #BlacklivesMatter. Examples of these clubs are …

• Multicultural Club Council, Latino Student Forum, Black Student Union, Shades of Essence, International Student, Japan Daisuki, and more!

Inclusivity: Politics and Religion

With college comes people from different backgrounds. Whether it be race, political position or religion, we all have to learn how to be inclusive and acceptive of one’s beliefs. These clubs adds social forums and discussions to try to understand people’s standpoints and hopefully help students develop their own ideas. Examples of these clubs are…

• Gay Straight Alliance, Common Ground, Catholic Newman Club, CRU, Muslm Student association, ULV Democrats, ULV Republicans, Voices for Hope and more!

Career

Majority of our clubs on campus are career based. Meaning they help students in the major prepae for their future career. They have resume workshops and leadersip programs. Theses clubs usually have professors that our advisors, guest speakers and internship opputunities. These clubs also produce scholarships for collegiate accomplishments such as being a first generation student.  Examples of these clubs are…

• Leo’s PR, Englsh Club, Enactus, Kinesiology Society, Psychology Club,Biology Club, Society for Accountants, Athletic Training Student Club,  Debate Team, Sociology, Anthropology, Crimonology Club, Synthetic Biology Club, HER CAMPUS and more!

Hobbies

The best type of clubs are the ones that you are in to off campus. These clubs goals are for people to just meet with other people to do things they all love. Some of these includes things students were interested in back in high school. These clubs help match students up with common hobbies and beliefs. Examples of these clubs are…

• Students Engaged in Environmental Discussion and Services, Transfer Club, Leo Hoops, Student Athlete Committee, Dance Team, Cheer Team, Pep Band, Theatre Club, Acapella and Barbershop Club, Spoken Word, Mock Trial, Leo Makers, La Vogue, Helping Hands, Board Game Club, Gamers Club, Bike Club and more!

Autumn Simon is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is an aspiring publicist. She is a movie junkie and is interested in all things Disney. While she isn't in class she is multicultural chair on the Campus Activity Board, publicist of Shades of Essence, a part time Cast Member at Disneyland, a writer for La Vouge and a writer for the campus' magazine and newspaper.