Campus Cutie: Albert Khalbourji

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Name: Albert Khalbourji

Year: Freshman 

Age: 18

Major: Computer Science 

Hometown: Palos Verdes, California 

Inspiration: Bob Dylan and Steve Jobs

Hobbies: Playing guitar and harmonica, video games, using Apple products

Music: Folk music, music with meaning

Favorite Quote: “All you need is three chords and the truth.”

Occupation: MacMall Instructor

Albert Khalbourji is not your typical college freshman. Claiming that he is “old school with new school technology,” this lover of the 1960s and Apple Computers is a walking oxymoron. Appreciative of the meaning within the music of the 60s this La Verne Campus Cutie believes that music can speak to people. On any given day you can expect to find Albert playing his guitar around campus.

“My emotions come out when I play my guitar,” Albert said. 

Typically Albert can be found behind a “groovy” pair of shades with cuffed jeans, looking like he stepped right out of the 60s. Even though this Campus Cutie looks like he’s from a different era, he is tech savvy. Apple products are king in his world. Albert works at the MacMall teaching customers how to get the most out of their devices. Trying to live a life inspired by people like one of his idols, Steve Jobs, Albert has a persistence that keeps him pushing toward his goals. Calling Apple everyday after school in his younger years is the kind of dedication that eventually got Albert the job working with Apple. 

Albert hopes to combine his passions in the future by making new technology inspired with classic 60s design and vibes, but as for now keep an eye out around La Verne for this Campus Cutie. 

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.