An Aspiring Fraternity: Welcoming Delta Sigma Pi to Our University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

A recent phenomenon recently occurred in the University of La Verne when the Delta Sigma Pi, Tau Omega Chapter at La Verne was established. On April 9th, 2016, the University of La Verne welcomed the newly established fraternity as the only professional business fraternity ever to be established in the University.

Justin Yeh, the 2016 fraternity’s president, lead, with the support of his newly founded brothers, to the fraternity’s establishment in the University. The fraternity is co-ed welcoming males and females and constituted strictly for business majors. The chapter hopes to debut their way to success in the upcoming Fall semester to offer networking seminars and professional business development.

“I have this vision in role that this business fraternity will allow professionalism, opportunities and development amongst students.”

Name: Delta Sigma Pi – Tau Omega Chapter at University of La Verne

Mission: As stated in the fraternity’s purpose, it is to foster the study of Business in universities to offering the Business students in the University of La Verne to engage in professional activities, community service, and be a representation of a national fraternity. Being a newly established fraternity, “the goal is to expand and develop opportunities in individuals and offer professional events for career advancement opportunities,” said Justin Yeh, President of the Tau Omega chapter.

“I did not see enough opportunity and unity provided to each and every student. I wanted to establish something to uphold. We were really limited in our outreach, therefore, I wanted to open our opportunities and give our brothers and students of La Verne to transcend what is offered to them.”

Who is eligible to join: Everyone is welcome! The fraternity is co-ed. So yes, women are allowed!

Qualifications: There will be a pledging process each pledge will have to complete before entering the fraternity. It is emphasized as a professional business fraternity, so it’s important to keep a good academic standing.

Speaking of Recruitment: There are 2 recruitment opportunities available per year – one in the spring and one in the fall.

Why only Business Majors: Stated by Brianna Kaltenbach, the Chancellor of the Tau Omega Chapter, business is a study of variance and for that the understanding for every credit there must be a debit as the Fraternity reaches out to be closely associated with each student of Business.

“I felt that Delta Sigma Pi was one unlike any other in which it offered me the ability to grow in more than just a social aspect, however, in a professional aspect. I feel I can gain business skills, social skills, and professional knowledge,” said Brianna Kaltenbach, a freshman Business major.

Keep up with the Delta Sigma Pi Tau Omega Chapter on Instagram : @deltasigulv

Sources

Justin Yeh, Business Major. Sophomore, President

justin.yeh@laverne.edu

Brianna Kaltenbach, Business Major, Freshman, Chancellor

brianna.kaltenbach@laverne.edu

Photo Credits to Crystal Clarity Productions

Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com