This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

With finals, graduation, summer jobs and internships just around the corner, your stress levels may start to get out of control, but don’t let the worries of life get in the way of you living it.

Here are six fun ways to relieve stress and clear your mind.

• Sing loud and proud

You don’t need to sing well, just have fun with it and sing something that makes you happy. My go to song is a mash up of Disney songs. They remind me of simpler times. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXH0hNzUDss

• Anything using artistic expression

Do something creative to get your mind off your worries. Painting, dancing, writing, photography, or any activity that will make you feel proud when you’re done.

• Napping

Who doesn’t love a good nap? Sometimes a quick nap is all you need to get back on track and clear your mind.

• Sit outside for a bit

Be one with nature. Leave the phone behind and just let your mind and thumbs relax.

• Give someone a hug or play with your pet

Find your mom, your friend, your S.O. or pet and give them a genuine hug that lasts longer than three seconds. It might sound awkward, or scary, but giving and receiving a hug helps reduce stress. Researchers at the University of Vienna found that oxytocin, also known as the “trust hormone,” releases into your body during a hug and lowers your blood pressure, anxiety, and improves memory.

• Youtube a funny comedian to make you laugh a little

Sometimes you just need to laugh at something or yourself. Here’s a comedian I’ve been loving recently. For all my girls who love food, enoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzpYDnqhiI

Gabriella Chikhani, Gabby to her friends and family, is the Senior Editor for the La Verne chapter of Her Campus. She has lived and studied in England and hopes to work as a journalist there someday. Gabby's favorites include: Disneyland, Lush, London, Demi Lovato, Horchata, rain boots and winged eyeliner. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @BritishWannabee