This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Now, let’s get this off our chest.

A few slogans in support of Breast Cancer that are exceptionally allowed during this month: 

1. On Wednesdays we wear pink 

2. Real Men wear pink….for Breast Cancer Awarness!

3. Thanks for the Mammories (in honor to get a mammogram!) 

4. Got pink? (get it? like Got milk?) 

5. Big or Small, Let’s save them all (Doesn’t matter what size you are, we support you) 

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! The annual campaign helps increase awareness of the disease and encourage women to get their October check up!

This week, on Oct. 21, 2015, our fellow La Verne Go-ers hosted a fundraiser/fair for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! 

All proceeds went to the City of Hope.

A Big Thank You to the ladies in Shades of Essense and the photographers in La Verne Vogue to capture this bittersweet pink moment. 

It is every October month each community gets together to form in pink to shout out to Breast Cancer Awareness Month. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a chance and reminder for women to get an early detection of breast cancer. It’s important to spread the word about getting Mammograms and encourage communities, families, organizations to get involved. Shoutout to all the ladies out there – get it done. 

Now, let’s get our PINK POWER on, THINK PINK, TURN UP THE PINK, AND STARE BECAUSE YOU CARE! 

Courtesy of Pictures to La Verne Vogue’s Facebook Page: PC to Flora Wong, Gabby Thomas, Josh Bay

Courtesy of Breast Cancer Awareness Slogans to inkhead.

Also, Check out nationalbreastcancer.org to learn more, donate, or join a fundraiser!

Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com