3 Fun Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Whether single or in a relationship, women always get a little tenser as February 14 approaches.

For the single ladies, the years fly by and soon red roses and candy hearts flood the grocery stores once again as a reminder of their lack of a significant other. Women in relationships start worrying about what plans are being made and what gifts need to be bought before the big day of love.

Luckily, there is a way to escape the stress: Galentine’s Day. Made famous by Leslie Knope on “Parks and Recreation,” Galentine’s Day is a day for ladies to celebrate ladies. This means leaving significant others at home and getting together with your girls for a well-deserved day of fun.

Here are a few ways to celebrate Galentine’s Day this year:

1. Party brunch-style

It doesn’t matter who you are, there is a part of you inside that loves all things brunch. Invite your girls over for chocolate chip waffles, bacon, and mimosas to get your Galentine’s Day party started.

2. Try a posh restaurant in the city

Trendy restaurants like champagne bars, fondue dinners or revolving sushi shows never disappoint. Make cute invitations and have your girls RSVP so you can make a reservation at your favorite restaurant. Get dressed up in cocktail attire to make it a night filled with high heels, red lipstick and Instagram posts.

3. Have a movie night

Movie nights, whether at the theater or on the couch, are a great way to bond with friends. Grab the popcorn, soda (or wine), and chocolate bars and enjoy a night of rom-coms or horror movies—whichever suits your style.

No matter what you do for Galentine’s Day, having a night with your girlfriends will make your February one to remember—no matter what happens the next day! 

Image Source: 

1) http://giphy.com/gifs/parks-and-recreation-amy-poehler-evaqWaBqmFWsU

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.