This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I usually catch myself saying this every semester, but this one was a whirlwind. Last semester definitely had it’s trials and tribulations, but it felt so exciting. So much happened last semester. I began to question my identity, I joined HerCampus, and I met some of the best new friends I could ask for. 

This semester was just as exciting and beneficial, it just felt so busy.

Some things that were drastically different: 

My confidence has been much higher ever since my first ever post. I feel so much more at ease with myself, appearance and all.

I met some truly incredible people. All of the people I have met at Kutztown so far have been pretty awesome, but I have met some truly extraordinary people in the past two semesters. I feel as though I have a support system that I know has my back throughout anything. I’ve met people who have helped me on my journey, especially when this semester was so busy that I couldn’t fully focus my energy when I wanted to. It’s been so inspiring.

I want to give a shout out to all of my professors this semester. You have all granted me with opportunities I will never forget and I appreciate the time you have spent with me. You’ve believed in me at times when I wasn’t sure I could and it means the world to me. There were also spectacular conversations with professors I didn’t have class with, all offering insight into subjects I want to explore further.

I started working at the Rohrbach Library last semester, and I must admit, I felt kind of disoriented at first. However, my work family became one of my favorite aspects of my day to day. I’ve never felt judged or lonely with them. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve shelved. I love them dearly and I will miss those who are graduating this semester.

There are so many other great things that happened. I was able to present the nerdiest project of my entire life to a room of mostly strangers with my dear friends. We spent most of the semester preparing and it was a transcendent experience, to say the least.

I found out I would be graduating a semester earlier than I anticipated and it was both the most exciting and bittersweet news I could receive. I can’t wait to be out of school, yet the thought of leaving somewhere that has kind of become home for me feels odd. The experiences I’ve had at this school have changed my life in the most positive ways. Despite the money hungry nature of the people in charge of our collective fates, the professors at this school have done so much for me and I owe them so much. My only hope is that I can go forward into the world and change it in the way they would want me to.

With the remainder of my time at Kutztown, I hope to generate lasting friendships, further my education and growth, and challenge the world to the best of my ability. It’s the least I can do for those who’ve changed my life.

To my friends, colleagues, professors, and college family, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. I hope to someday repay you in some way.

-Tyler 

Salutations! My name is Tyler and welcome to my HerCampus page. Within, you will find all manner of conversations concerning gender, identity, as well critiques and challenges of toxic masculinity and male privilege. I also discuss trans rights, and highlight some books/media by creators outside of the straight white canon. I hope you find something you like!