This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Your outfits are a great way to express yourself, no matter the occasion. Sometimes closet space and money for new clothes get in the way of truly conveying your style. Having articles of clothing that are extremely versatile and knowing how to use them is a great way to expand your wardrobe.

A simple tank top dress, by itself and paired with other articles, can create multiple outfits for many occasions. No matter the color or texture of the dress, the possibilities can be endless. Experiment with the pieces you already own.

Here are four ways to wear a simple tank top dress.

1. By itself

Wearing the tank top dress by itself is perfect for a casual day of running errands. Pair it with a simple pair of flip flops, and your go-to summer outfit is set for the day.

2. Pair with a Jean Jacket

Pairing the dress with a dark wash jean jacket adds a sort of sophistication to the simple dress. The jacket transforms the dress from a summer fave to cute ensemble for an autumn day. Wear a pair of strappy sandals with it, and you are ready for a wonderful lunch with friends and family.

3. Tights and Cardigan

Whoever said that a tank top dress can only be worn during the spring and summer? Transform the dress with a pair of tights and a cardigan to spice up your summer favorite to make it a fall and winter must-have. The possibilities for shoes are endless: flats, booties, and knee-high boots would all look perfect.

4. Vest and Sneakers

Did someone say summer concert festival? Pairing your tank dress with a white washed jean jacket adds the sort of spunk needed for a music festival. Keep it casual with a pair of converse, and your feet will thank you.  

In the end, the possibilities are endless. Throw together whatever you already have and see what works. Your wardrobe is at your disposal, so use it to its greatest advantage. Wear all your clothes across the seasons by adding appropriate and cute layers for all weather conditions. When buying clothes, try to think of how many ways you can use it. Have fun with your clothes! They are meant to be used to express who you truly are. 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.