This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

When I was younger we always had great movie coming out. As a kid, I enjoyed going to the movies whether it was with my friends or family. If an exciting movie was coming out I had to go, see it. The movies were something to enjoy as a youth. You could go on the weekends or on Tuesdays when it was $5. Then technology and Netflix came into play. Which made going to the movies unnecessary. Why pay $11 dollars to see one movie when you could watch as many as you want in your home. Also, with firesticks and other appliance where it made it accessible to watch movies at home. So now people don’t really have a need to go. They can just wait, and it’ll be available to watch from home. Now I am not saying that there haven’t been movie theater worthy movies because there have been, just not like how they used to be. Until now. 

In 2018, directors haven’t come to play. They are giving us long waited sequels and action filled movies. The theaters are booming. One movie that had people in high anticipation all of 2017 was Black Panther.  A movie that is filled with a lot of melanin. Although, many movies do have melanin there has never been all black hero movie with a majority black cast, separating this movie from all others. A movie where it showed the beauty in the abilities of black actors, while eventuating the beauty in Africa. This movie had no damsels in distress. Everyone had powerful roles. The movie was amazing and so inspiring with being a black female. This movie is for everyone and everyone should go see it. Not just once either go see it multiple times. This movie will be the movie the younger generation will watch over and over until their parents stop them.  

” I’m rooting for everyone black.”- Issa Rae