This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

*Warning! Spoilers ahead! If you haven’t seen Bridesmaids (one question, WHY?) then proceed with caution*

Self destruction:

The character of Annie is relatable for many reasons, and her self-destruction when it comes to love hits close to home. However, Helen is falling to shreds with rude stepchildren and insecurities of her own, while Lillian fears she’s made the wrong decision. This movie is full of self-destructive moments (and a triumphal overcoming).

The creepy brother and sister:

Besides the fact that I am a fan of Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy? Spirit animal!) and this pair results in so many cringes – between the weird, egg shaped head, to the “free tattoo of a Mexican drinking worm” you can’t help but feel grossed out by these two who share an apartment.

The dress prices:

It’s no secret that Annie is poor (“Help me, I’m poor”) and when the extravagantly rich Helen insists on buying the expensive, designer bridesmaids dress, Annie tries to persuade the girls to go in a slightly different (cheaper) route.

The airplane nerves:

Even though the statistics prove that flying in a plane is less dangerous than driving in a car, statistics don’t help airplane anxiety go away. This scene is full of drinking, drugs, and a hilarious encounter between the entire plane, Annie, and a “colonial woman”.

Jealousy:

Annie and Lillian’s friendship has lasted for years, but as soon as Helen comes along with her fancy ballgowns and inside jokes, Annie quickly grows defensive to fight for her best friend again. This jealousy can be seen by the destruction of a cookie, or fighting a “very popular” high school girl about true friendship.

The food poisoning scene:

My gosh, how this scene repulses me, but also makes my stomach hurt with laughter. This always reminds me of roommate, who enjoys “bathroom humor” (she loves the White Chicks bathroom scene), and even though I often have to look away when it comes to things like this, I can’t take my eyes off the screen as Lillian stumbles into the street.

The puppies:

Megan is probably my favorite part of the whole movie, and who could resist taking nine puppies as party favors? Mad respect for her bold power moves.

Going to extremes to get your way:

Although Annie can appear whiny or annoying at times (“throwing herself a little pity party”- Megan), once she sets her mind to something, she’ll go really far to get her way, even if it includes speeding past a cop shirtless.

Competition:

The main competition between Annie and Helen begins on the stage in an attempt to speak foreign languages, then on the tennis court (“Carol! Get your shit together Carol!”)

Watching Netflix with your mom:

I very much dislike “Castaway” and would not choose to watch this, but a Netflix session with Mom can fix a lot of problems.

Girl encouragement:

One of my favorite reasons Bridesmaids is my go-to movie is because of how much girl power is packed in. Between the Megan and Annie (“Fight for your life!”) scene, Becca and Rita on the plane (“You’re more beautiful than Cinderella, you smell like pine needles and your face is like sunshine”)

Thank you for this classic feel-good movie and all of it’s never-ending relatableness. 

SaveSave

Madeleine is a senior at the University of Kansas double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism. Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Madeleine spent the last few years of her high school career publishing two books (http://www.lulu.com/shop/m-rheinheimer/project-105/paperback/product-23264977.html + http://www.lulu.com/shop/madeleine-rheinheimer/undefined/paperback/product-22938535.html)  and traveling around the city speaking and sharing with locals. Knowing since the fourth grade that she was destined to be a writer when she grew up, Madeleine enjoys anything that involves creative expression. You can follow her personal blog at: https://illiterateblondes.com