What Your Winter Coat Says about You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Pea Coat

Wearing a pea coat usually means that you’re fashion forward, preppy, and you have an alarm set for 7:30 am so you can promptly wake up with enough time to do your hair before you go to class. You’re probably that girl that has all of her notes highlighted and stored in their rightfully color-coordinated subject folder, and people always tend to ask you to help them organize events since they know that you’ll have your life put together enough to actually follow through with the plans. 

2. North Face Jacket

Commonly seen as the basic choice in outerwear, wearing a North Face means you’re probably in denial of how cold it is outside. A North Face is insufficient in 35 degrees and below, and you always end up shivering in between classes wishing you had just one more layer on top. But no worries- you’re probably going to warm up with your daily Starbucks later anyway. 

4. Hollister Coat with a Fuzzy Hood

You most likely bought this coat when you were a freshman in high school and it was cool to have everything and anything Hollister, and now it’s gotten to the point where you’re too broke to replace it with something that’s more suitable for your age. Sure, it’s embarrassingly out of style to wear something that’s sporting the giant bird logo across your chest, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get rid of it.

4. Leather Jacket

Rocking the leather jacket can only mean one thing; you’re the epitome of badass. You wear your outfits with confidence and style, and are most likely to be seen with one headphone ear bud hanging from your ear blasting the latest alternative album. You don’t deviate away from the classics, and you don’t feel the need to assimilate to whatever style popular culture is trending.

(Photo Credit: here, here, here, here, and here.)

Journalism Student, Arts Enthusiast, & Minneapolis Native.