The Typical College Spring Breakers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Our generation lives during a unique time: a time where it’s okay that we forget our responsibilities as adults and living life to the fullest is what we aim for. Because, as college students, we are optimistic and hopeful, believing that the world is our oyster. So when spring rolls around and we are actually able to take a break from the stress of being a college student, some of us will take spring break to a whole new level and let loose our inner spirit animal. And why not, right? Because as Drake nicely describes it, what a time to be alive.

We know the type of college students that thrive at the infamous Panama City Beach, or the people who prefer Gulf Shores, or the ever so lucky ones who travel to Cancun. These are just a few highlighted examples of the many people who will be resurfacing during Spring Break 2016.

1. First, we have “the hunk.” He’s a gym bro and definitely praises Jersey Shore’s motto of G.T.L … I mean bro tanks or transfer, am I right?

2. Then we have the girl doing whatever she can, just trying to get a good Insta pic. 

3. There’s the fraternity men who always find a way to do something crazy while capturing it on their GoPro, of course.

4. Across the beach you see a very proud guy, strutting his dad bod with pure happiness.

5. Then there’s the girl tanning even though she’s already tan.

6. It’s only noon and there’s a girl who can’t hang.

7. But I guess that is better than the people who lack personal hygiene and don’t shower all break.

8. There’s the guy that always seems to say weird things at weird times and you don’t really know how to respond.

9. Wherever you go, a pack of “Woo!” girls will be there. These are the girls that literally scream “WOOOO” everywhere they go. Caution: they are very loud “Woos!”

10. There’s always those guys in speedos doing their thing…

11. Then you have the person who destroys things for absolutely no reason.

12. There are the two inseparable bros who are more relationship goals than most couples.

13. Usually there is a person or two not interested in any daytime activities besides eating.

14. There’s always a show-off around somewhere…

15. Sadly, some people won’t make it in the sun and will be burned and red within hours of standing outside.

16. And finally, at the end of the week, you realize that somehow you survived spring break with some pretty cool and entertaining people. 

Just a girl from Wisconsin living in Kansas. I thoroughly enjoy chocolate, early 2000's music, and anyone with a Michael Scott sense of humor.