Tyler Shelton ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Tyler Shelton

Year: Sophomore

Major: Architectural Design

Relationship status: Taken

Campus involvement: Not nearly as much as I’d like, but I work at the Anschutz Library serving coffee.

What song describes you best? “World at Large” by Modest Mouse

What’s the best way to spend a Friday night? Heading to a pool bar with some friends or a quiet night indoors with an instrument or a book.

What are 3 words to describe you? Driven, Loyal, Curious.

What’s your spirit animal? The wolf. Everyone has their role in a pack, and I’m all about efficiency.

What do you look for in a girl? I want a girl who has strange hobbies and interests, somebody that I have to learn a lot about.

What’s your dream job? Architect in a world renowned firm. I’d love to work on cultural buildings like opera houses, but I want to be in the trenches working as well.

Favorite food? Pistachios, I’ve been known to eat them until my tongue goes raw.

Why did you choose to come to KU? I grew up in Lawrence so it made the most sense, they also have a great design program.

What is one thing you wish you knew before you came to college? I wish I had known more about the different clubs. I have a lot of interests and wish I’d taken advantage of all the resources out there.

If any celebrity could play you in a movie about your life, who would it be? Matt Bomer. His character Neal Caffrey in White Collar is exactly who I want to be: suave, adroit, and always doing something interesting.

If you could get on a plane and go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Marseilles, France. My favorite novel is The Count of Monte Cristo, which takes place there. I’d love to see the culture and find all the vistas from the book.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Foresight. I’d never have to be wrong again.

What’s your idea of a perfect first date? It wouldn’t ever happen, but find some new city and play tourist together: Find the best food, music, art, and really explore.

If you thought you were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day? Coming to terms with life. I’d probably read until the very end. Or go out with a huge bang, host a concert or throw a classy party.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy! I’m interested in or at least interested in learning everything. If somebody wants to skydive or ballroom dance or karaoke, I’m up for whatever it is. If nothing else, I’ll keep it interesting.

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.