This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Thanksgiving.  A favorite United States holiday, where friends and family gather to share in their admiration for one another and eat all day long.  

Yes, food is an essential part to any Thanksgiving celebration.  Regardless of what your family traditionally cooks, it’s sure to be a feast that will leave you satisfied.

And time with family is always a good time.  People in the living room watching a football game and in the kitchen getting the food ready.  However, Thanksgiving often sparks relative’s to ask the same questions over and over again.  “How’s school?”  “Do you know what you’re going to do after college yet?”  “When are you going to get yourself a boyfriend?”

Grin and bear it.  Becasue eventually (if you’re like my family), everyone will go around the room and say what they are thankful for.  Some will be funny, others more serious, but all will tug at your heart strings.

And at the end of a long day of eating and socailizing, all you want to do is eat some pie and fall into bed.  Luckily, you’ll still have at least 3 days left of Thanksgiving break, so you can do just that.