Talking Style with Chic Collegiette, Paige Krug

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Even before you have your first conversation with KU freshman Paige Krug (@thats_sopag) you can tell that she is a bubbly, funny, and artistic kind of girl. The way that she chooses to present herself accurately reflects the original person that she is, and she is known around campus for having a kind of style that stands out among the rest. Whereas many students will go along with whatever the typical trend on campus is, Paige will kiss the standard look goodbye and flaunt a unique style that has heads turning. In appreciation of this, I asked Paige some questions to find out more on how she views fashion and where she gets inspiration for her standout style.

HC KU: How would you describe your style?

PK: I would describe my style as very colorful and boho inspired.

HC KU: What’s your favorite piece that you own?

PK: My favorite piece of clothing that I own is a multi-patterned, above-the-knee dress that I got from a local St. Louis boutique. It’s so cute and colorful and I feel like it really shows off my personality when I wear it.

HC KU: Where do you like to shop and buy your clothes?

PK: I love shopping at a lot of different places since I love to shop in general. One could even call me a shopaholic! Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of online shopping from a store called Tobi. I also really like the store Altar’d State, and I find myself at Nordstrom a lot.

HC KU: Who are your favorite designers and brands?

PK: My favorites are Brandy Melville & Betsy Johnson. I think Betsy Johnson is so crazy and fun. I don’t know if I could personally pull off her clothing, but I think her clothes are unique and always very in style. I also love absolutely everything at Urban Outfitters so you could maybe consider that as a brand itself.

HC KU: Where do you find style inspiration?

PK: I like to find my style inspiration by seeing what other girls on campus are wearing. I’ll see a girls outfit, and immediately think “Oh my god, I have to buy that!” I also find inspiration on my favorite site Pinterest. Pinterest is a beautiful thing.

HC KU: What’s your style mantra?

PK: My style mantra is, “Do You”

HC KU: How do you usually get ready for going out at night?

PK: I usually get ready by first picking out an outfit, then doing something with my hair, and then lastly putting on some makeup so my skin doesn’t blend in with my outfit. I’m so pale that it can be a struggle.

HC KU: What’s your biggest style pet peeve?

PK: When people tie their shirts back with a ponytail. It’s not necessary to do!

HC KU: What’s your favorite trend of the moment?

PK: I love kimonos! They are so fun and can be worn with so many different things. I just got a few and I love them.

HC KU: What advice would you give to college students regarding their style and keeping an updated wardrobe?

PK: I would say to wear something that you feel comfortable in. Don’t let someone tell you that something is ugly when you absolutely love it. It’s your style and you DO YOU!

HC KU: What’s your go to accessory?

PK: I think headbands are always really fun and I love to wear them!

Journalism Student, Arts Enthusiast, & Minneapolis Native.