This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Sydney Hoff

Hometown: Olathe, Kansas

Age: 20

Major: Business management with a concentration in entrepreneurship. 

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Taken!

Hobbies: Oh you know… nunchuck, bow hunting, computer hacking.

Fun fact about yourself: I have a Harry Potter scar on my forehead!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Probably to Europe so I could backpack to all kinds of different countries!

If it were a Saturday night, where would we find you? Probably on Mass Street hanging out with some of my closest friends or at Applebee’s serving food to the great people of Lawrence. 

What’s your biggest pet peeve? Liars. I can’t stand being lied to. 

Where do you picture yourself ten years from now? Hopefully in Chicago working for an advertising company trying to get some experience under my belt before I start my own business!

What inspires you? My mom. She hasn’t always been dealt the easiest hand but she still ends the day with a smile on her face and a positive attitude.

What’s the best place to eat in Lawrence? Jefferson’s! So sad that they had a fire and am counting down the days until they open back up!

What are some of your major interests? Music, traveling, what’s new on Netflix, and KU Basketball!

What’s your favorite thing about yourself? Physically? My smile. Intellectually? My sense of humor and quick wit. 

Favorite class you’ve taken at KU so far: I took American Studies last year with Saoussen Cheddadi. Not my favorite topic but Cheddadi made it interesting to learn and discussions always got really heated, which is fun for me.

Favorite memory you’ve made at KU so far: Favorite memory so far was probably when a bunch of people from my floor freshmen year played truth or dare all night when we found out we had a snow day. 

Plans for Spring Break: I’m going to Daytona Beach, FL with a few friends!

What’s your ideal job? Probably working for a radio station! I don’t think I would want to actually talk on the radio because I feel like I sound like a duck over the phone, but behind the scenes stuff. Talking to bands, getting concerts together, stuff like that!

(All photos provided by Sydney Hoff)