Spring Trends To Watch For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

With winter quietly winding down, spring seems to almost be around the corner, after all this snow clears out. 

Here are some spring trends to get you excited about some more clothes to put into your closet.

Trend 1 & 2: Bold Contrast and Bold Stripes

This trend can be perfectly summed up by this beautiful Marc Jacobs dress. It can be paired with some skinny jeans or a long maxi. It either can be worn on a casual stroll or a night out on the town. I wore a top from Urban Outfitters one night out and I found that you can dress it with the funkiest jewlery and it ecencuate your outfit. 

Trend 3: Peak A Boo

This isn’t to be confused with the sheer tops that have been everywhere in the past year. If you need a reference for the peek a boo, think of Kelly Rowland’s dress from the Grammy’s. This trend will bring attention to all the right parts of your body, if not, you aren’t finding the right outfit. You can find this dress at topshop.com. I think this is more for a night out than to be worn at a day of school. 

Trend 4: Leather

I feel leather was more for the fall/winter, but now you can wear it all year round! I think this my favorite trend of the spring because leather can make any sweet outfit very hard edged. It also comes in many form like leggings, jackets, tops, and like this Jason Wu dress. If you wanna go that rock n roll way, this would most definitely be your trend. It works for any type of day. Whether you wanna dress it down with some combat boot or dress it up with some booties. 

Trend 5: Global Chic

Don’t confuse this trend with tribal because that only covers one aspect of it. This trend takes you world wide and gives you the creative freedom with prints. You can mix and match this print as you please. It helps you explore influences from other cultures. Like the first photo takes inspiration from the traditional dress of Thailand and Laos. It is very much asian inspired, but you can take it in any interpretation you please. The accessories become more unique and the fabrics more beautiful.