andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Destination Alternatives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Spring break is fast approaching and for many people it is already here. Every year thousands of college students and others flock to the hottest beaches in order to finally get that pre-summer tan they have been missing all winter. For the regular average Joe, these places can be expensive, so here are a few places that wont break the bank too much. 

1. Chicago 

Although most people try to escape the cold for spring break, Chicago is a great place to go. There’s so much to do. Go see a play or a sports game. There are some great places to shop on the Magnificent Mile, and if you’re feeling daring you can see the city from hundreds of feet above the air at the skydeck.

2. New Orleans 

Who wouldn’t want to enjoy a place with some of the best seafood and doughnuts in all the land? The NOLA is a great place to enjoy the warm weather, great food and culture and you can still go the beach if you like. 

3. Denver. 

Denver is a great place for those people that don’t want winter to leave just yet. If you are the person that loves the mountains, this is where you need to be. There’s a lot of great hiking and camping opportunities. If your lucky you can still go skiing and snowboarding. 

younger male writer from Chicago