This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Nicola Gentry

Age: 21

Major: Community Health with a minor in Journalism

Hometown: Wichita

Relationship status: taken

Instagram: nicolagentry

Twitter handle: @nicola_gentry

What do you plan to do after graduation? Hopefully get a job in medical sales. I’m really interested in going into the operating room and helping doctors implant medical devices.

How did you decide on your major? I have always been very interested in people’s health. I started out with a different major, but it wasn’t for me, so I started exploring my options here at KU and found community health!

What’s a piece of advice for people thinking about switching a major? Explore every option that you have and always follow your intuition on what you have always been interested in. It’s never too late to switch.

What is your favorite college memory? Oh gosh, so many! My 21st birthday. It was this summer, but so many of my friends made the drive up here to Lawrence and made it a really special day. It meant a lot!

Did you always know that KU was the school for you? Well, both of my parents and my older brother went here, so I grew up coming to Lawrence for game days and various things. But then my junior year of high school I toured basically every school in the Midwest. Looking back at that now I feel stupid, because KU is obviously the best choice!

Celebrity crush? Chace Crawford

Where do you hope to be in 10 years? Oh shoot, I’ll be 31. I don’t know. I don’t want to say, like, married with kids, but like that’s probably where I’ll be in 10 years. But at the end of the day, I hope in 10  years I’m happy and successful.

What is your dream vacation? Fiji, with the islands with the houses on the water

Who is your favorite person? That’s hard; I like a lot of people. Like, I have my friends, my mom, Brian, my dogs.