Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU News

Be a Her Campus KU Organization Representative!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 19, 2014 - 1:11am

Have an interest marketing and online media? Do you love promoting brands and telling people about awesome opportunities? What about KU people, events, beauty, women’s health, and most importantly, the University of Kansas? Her Campus KU is looking for Organization Representatives to start in this Fall!

Duties READ MORE

Houston: New Sports Capital of the US?

By Taylor Bjerke
July 8, 2014 - 2:30pm

I just have to say, I am beyond thrilled for the future of Houston sports. Being a Texans fan, it was hard to watch the disappointing NFL season that led Houston to ranking at the very bottom of the league. The Texans along with the other Houston-based teams have had somewhat of a rough patch recently. However, things are starting to look up. Photo credit via abcnews.go.com READ MORE

The Best #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 2, 2014 - 12:29pm

By now, we've all heard of the devastating defeat that knocked the United States out of the World Cup yesterday. Despite the painful end, one player stood out among the rest and became a US legend overnight. US Goalie Tim Howard saved sixteen goals during the game- a record high for the last 50 years that the stat has been recorded. Even better- he inspired the #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave hashtag, which is probably one of the best things to hit the internet. Here are just a few #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave Kanye from being a fool: READ MORE

15 Movies You Probably Forgot About

By Justine Powls
June 16, 2014 - 3:33pm

There are a ton of movies that come out all the time and sometimes it's hard to keep up! I mean, really, at this point in your life, you've witnessed about 20 years (or more) of movie madness. So what about all of those VHS movies when you were a kid— where did they go? Personally, I find it extremely upsetting that the VHS isn't a thing anymore. I blame my lack of current movie knowledge on the loss of VHS players; for some reason, when they left the movie scene, so did I. So, for summer reminiscing or rewatching purposes, here are 15 movies that you most likely forgot about until now: 1) The Land Before Time Littlefoot was always our favorite... READ MORE

Anxiety Gal Conquers London

By Sarah Kramer
June 3, 2014 - 7:17pm

It's just past midnight and I'm sitting in bed in my flat in central London. Everything is quiet. It's a Sunday night, and even the usual honking of cars and screeching of ambulances down High Kilburn Road has stopped, maybe for the first time since I arrived five days ago. Waking up every morning and remembering that I'm in England for the next two months is such a strange and incredible feeling, but it's even more impressive when I think about who I was and how I felt a year ago and how traveling thousands of miles to a different country by myself was something I'd never thought I'd be able to do in my entire life.    READ MORE

Her Campus KU Thanks Our Seniors

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
May 16, 2014 - 8:00am

Her Campus KU started as an on-campus group this year with a vision- to become an outlet for KU women to write and read stories, to plan and attend great events and to voice opinions about on-campus happenings. We started small, with our first meeting having only ten members, but since then have grown bigger than we dreamed. We had goals that we reached, including growing from 80 Facebook fans to 1000 in just one year and becoming a Platinum Level  Her Campus Chapter. We had monthly events that empowered KU women and we created a community of writers and business team members. Our first year on campus has been huge, but it could never have been done without our seniors. READ MORE

Save Time and Money with EatStreet

By Kelsey Barrett
May 15, 2014 - 8:00am

The next time you order in for dinner, try ordering with EatStreet. You can use it online or download the free app for Android and iPhone. It offers users convenience, options and savings by curating restaurants and specials in Lawrence. Start by entering your address and selecting delivery or pickup. READ MORE

Live Life with #noregrets

By Shelby Ostrom
May 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Call me a copycat, but I was extremely struck by the tab you can find on the Her Campus main site called #noregrets. You can also call me weird, but all week I’ve been thinking about my freshman year and how it’s ending. Of course I’ve been thinking about finals and papers, but during my study breaks I always seem to go back to that tab. Because I’m going to be one of your lovely bloggers next semester, I thought I should get a head start and give you a few reasons on why I live without regret, and you should too. #curveballs READ MORE

The 18 Stages of Finding a Job

By Kaitlin Obermeyer
May 13, 2014 - 12:21pm

I recently applied to be a creative designer on the advertising staff of the University Daily Kansan. Halfway through the process of applying and being interviewed, I realized that I was insane. Here are the steps of job hunting. 1. I’m really broke. Maybe I should get a job so that I can eat chipotle. 2. You find something suitable that also will look good on your resume. Somehow, it will also help your major and those jobs are rare. READ MORE

THOUGHTS ON THE 2014 NFL DRAFT

By Taylor Bjerke
May 12, 2014 - 5:06pm

I have been counting down since the Super Bowl for this weekend: NFL Draft Weekend. I could not be more excited to finally just know where all the college players are going for this upcoming NFL season. Photo credit via espn.go.com READ MORE