Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Features

Sex Talk: HCKU's Craziest Sexcapades

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
October 30, 2014 - 1:35pm

Last month, we asked some of our members to share with us their wildest sex stories. We counted down our favorites- check out numbers 13 through 6 this week, and check back next week to see the Top 5! 13. Monday Funday "I got way too drunk on a Monday for my friend's birthday and then went to spend the night with a guy I was seeing. I ended up puking on his bed, desk and floor. He took me home the next morning and refused to kiss me goodbye." 12. The Study Abroad Scandal READ MORE

Writing: The Terribly Important Truth

By Justine Powls
October 30, 2014 - 9:26am

Here’s to all my fellow writers out there reading this: DON’T GIVE UP. Here’s why, my dears- READ MORE

Must Hear Popular Song Covers

By Jordan MacGillivray
October 29, 2014 - 5:14pm

If you are an avid music listener, you may know that most of the time “covers” of original, popular songs usually don’t live up to the hype as their prior. However, these songs are arguably better than the originals and have to be shared with the world. 1.    "Pursuit of Happiness" by Lissie The original Kid Cudi hit really put him on the map for many people, but this cover by Lissie is a mix of Lana Del Rey and Adele. The deep tones in her voice make you truly feel the emotion behind the song, whereas the original slightly skates over the meaning of the song. Check out her other songs; they’re ingenious. READ MORE

The Do's and Don't's of Your Party Playlist

By Devan Schaly
October 28, 2014 - 9:45am

So I've already been to a few Halloween parties and I have to say, I've heard a wide variety of music. Now, I've hosted a few parties in my so-far college career and I think it's time we take a look at the do's and don't's of party playlists, because it's not enough to just pick a Pandora station and cross your fingers. Oh no, your guests deserve far more than that and you want to be remembered for your awesome party, which won't happen if your music isn't on point. READ MORE

College Girl Gourmet: Halloween Cocktails

By Lilimay Bangoy
October 27, 2014 - 12:03pm

Halloween is just a few days away, which means a party-filled weekend!  Now, if you’re throwing one of said parties or you’re looking for a tasty way to celebrate Halloween, then you should try a Halloween-themed cocktail!  It’s a great and tasty way to shake up the alcohol selection, not to mention it makes your party a little more festive. Here are some cocktail recipes that you can try out:   Halloween Jello Shots READ MORE

KU Foodie Finds: The Roost

By Lilimay Bangoy
October 25, 2014 - 6:58pm

Every now and then, brunch on a lovely weekend morning sounds nice.  Get some tasty eggs benedict or French toast or what have you, maybe a glass of freshly squeezed OJ or a mimosa, and some great friends to enjoy it with.  And The Roost, a restaurant down on Mass Street, is just the perfect place to enjoy brunch with some friends.   Details The Roost is located on 920 Massachusetts Street, and is open daily from 7AM-3PM. READ MORE

The Best and Worst of Spotify

By Devan Schaly
October 24, 2014 - 8:00am

Spotify is gaining a lot of popularity as the end-all, be-all music application for anyone and everyone. You can stream music, create playlists, use their genius radio and follow what your Facebook friends are listening to. I have Spotify Premium and absolutely love it, so I'm going to give you the pros and cons of what I've seen from using Spotify and leave the rest up to you. 1.    You can download it: You can download it not only on your phone, but also on your desktop. The nice thing about this is that it’s one less tab to bog down your web browser. READ MORE

A New Old Way to Communicate

By Abby Fields
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

I'm in the midst of a quarter-life crisis. Since I started at KU last fall, I have had a plan. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Sciences in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I have done undergraduate research since my first semester, and my faculty mentor has started to plan for me to take on my own project. The plan is to get a publication to make myself a more impressive grad school applicant. This is how you become successful in research. But I realized that I'm preparing myself perfectly for a career that I don't want. I don't believe in research as it exists today. READ MORE

The Tree Hill Ravens Have Returned

By Jordan MacGillivray
October 21, 2014 - 3:15pm

Sorry everyone, but as far as I know there will not be a new season of One Tree Hill anytime soon. However, in the previous week some of our favorite Ravens came together for an exciting reunion…in Paris! OTH stars Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Lenz, Hilarie Burton, James Lafferty, and Paul Johansson have reunited for a fun night out on the town. These photos were posted on Instagram:   READ MORE

The Latest and Greatest Craze: Hammocking

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 20, 2014 - 11:39am

If you’re like me, when someone says the word “hammock” you probably think of a hammock hanging between two palm trees, somewhere on a sandy beach. While that image may hold true in some places, the idea of a hammock, and what one does with it, has been completely revolutionized. In some circles, hanging out on a hammock with friends or by yourself has become the next big thing. The word has even been turned into a verb, making a sentence like, “I was hammocking the other day, when…” completely logical and grammatically correct. (According to some people). Many of my friends and roommates have jumped on the hammock train, and have almost convinced me to do the same. Here are just a few of the many reasons why you should also try out hammocking if you...