Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU News

7 Easy Ways to Clean Up Your Facebook Profile

By Shelby Ostrom
April 16, 2014 - 8:19am

This past Monday I was struck with an awesome idea that I knew I would have to tell you all about. Spring cleaning seems to be a right of passage for many adults and students here at KU. But, have you all ever thought what a good idea it would be to clean up your social media? Here are seven great tips to help you get started.   Update! READ MORE

The Big Event 2014

By Sue Redican
April 15, 2014 - 11:36am

After months and months of preparation and anticipation, Saturday, April 12 has finally arrived, and the weather couldn’t be more perfect for spending the day outside. Quentin Aker, the member of operations for The Big Event at KU, as well as around 40 other people involved, was ready with an optimistic and excited attitude for the day ahead of him. The Big Event is a large organization that brings together many on-campus organizations to unite on the same day and give back to the city of Lawrence by volunteering with homeowners who may need help around where they live. There is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into just one day of volunteering, especially since it can be a little chaotic. READ MORE
...

Run Your Paws for a Cause

By Kelsey Stoskopf
April 12, 2014 - 4:26pm

READ MORE

UCONN: The National Champions

By Taylor Bjerke
April 10, 2014 - 10:48am

Photo credit via usatoday.com READ MORE

Because I'm Happy

By Sue Redican
April 10, 2014 - 10:47am

We’ve all had Pharrell Williams’ new song “Happy” stuck in our heads at least once so far, right? Who could blame you? It’s pretty catchy. What if you mixed in our very own Kansas City into the song? The city is putting together what they call “Kansas City’s biggest music video,” featuring a Kansas City-ized version of “Happy.” The purpose of the video is to highlight the happiest places in the city as well as celebrate the start of spring. The radio station 99.7 The Point is holding auditions for the video and is also asking for everyone’s “Happy places” in the city. READ MORE

Must-See TV Shows

By Ashley Ponce-Cardenas
April 9, 2014 - 1:16pm

So maybe you're running out of things to watch, or 'fandoms' to be in. What if maybe your show(s) had their mid-season finale or worse- your show(s) just did their finale and you have to wait for the next season? Now you may need something else to watch or maybe all you want is something new to watch even though you probably already have plenty of shows to see.  These seven TV series have either recently began or they're just too good! READ MORE

HOW TO: Make College Your Experience!

By Shelby Ostrom
April 8, 2014 - 11:31am

Coming to orientation the summer before my freshman year, I had heard so many awesome things about KU from other people. So, I might have been expecting too much for my first semester – and a lot of things didn’t turn out the way I would have wanted them. So, today, I wanted to share with you some of my tips that I have learned about how to have your own experience here at KU!  DO Take Things With a Grain of Salt READ MORE

Drink More Tea

By Kelsey Barrett
April 7, 2014 - 11:44am

Most people that I talk to about tea seem to either love it or hate it. I personally love tea and its versatility. It can be consumed hot or iced, sweet or unsweet, flavored or unflavored. I also happen to be a caffeine addict and find tea to be a good alternative to coffee that is easier on my stomach. Tea can provide a lot of different health benefits as well. If you are on the fence about tea, here is a little bit about the five of the most common types. READ MORE

Delta Sigma Pi at KU

By Sue Redican
April 6, 2014 - 11:52am

Being a business major can be pretty competitive, especially when pursuing a career in entrepreneurship. There are a few ways to distinguish yourself between a list of others applying for the same position, and one of them is joining Delta Sigma Pi (DSP), a business fraternity here at KU. DSP presents opportunities to network with other professionals, volunteer in the community, get experience fundraising and also to meet other people that have the same career interests as you, broadening your network further. READ MORE

April's SUA Events

By Ashley Ponce-Cardenas
April 5, 2014 - 1:02pm

Sometimes you can run out of things to do with friends. Maybe you're tired of always going to the movies, but then you have to find new activities to do that can bring friends together and allow them to have fun. Well, the Student Union Activities, or SUA as they are more commonly known, always has each month filled with many and different activities so it is not impossible to find something you like. From movie nights to bowling nights, they always offer so many activities that you will definitely find something for all your friends to get together to do.  READ MORE