Mr. KU Finalist: Jordan Grant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Name: Jordan Grant

2. Major: Theatre performance, minor in business

3. Year: Junior

4. Hometown: Naperville, Illinois

5. What are three things you want to do before you graduate? I want to visit every building on campus, I would love to study abroad and I want to streak down Jayhawk Boulevard.

6. If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why? I want to be myself, because I am who I am. I have different aspects that I can bring to the world that nobody else can, but if I had to choose, I would be Denzel Washington, because his work has transcended modern cinema.

7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off my student loans.

8. What is your favorite memory at KU so far? I don’t have one specific one, but it would be the past two birthdays I’ve had at school and my friends celebrating with me.

9. Where do you see yourself five years from now? I see myself graduating from graduate school and truly starting my career as an actor. Hopefully I’m a huge star.

10. Why do you think you deserve the title of Mr. KU? I think I deserve the title of Mr. KU because I feel that I can inspire men and especially men of color that you are beautiful as a human first and a man second, also that you don’t have to fit a certain stereotype in order to feel accepted.