This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Megan Coody

Hometown: Olathe

Major: Ceramics

Age/year: 21, Senior

Why Ceramics? Clay is the only thing that makes sense. It’s the most amazing thing to feel the material and create something beautiful or meaningful from a substance that comes from the earth.

Relationship: Taken

Favorite Movies: “Wild”, “The Great Gatsby”, and “Princess Mononoke”

Ideal First Date: Anything in nature, hiking, picnics, etc.

Music of Choice: Grateful Dead, John Butler, Trevor Hall, Railroad Earth, Beatles, and Nahko and Medicine for the People, 

Words of Wisdom: Go to class, just do it, but make sure to enjoy every single day. You are young and amazing, and this is the time for exploration, fun times, and living every moment to the fullest.

Instagram: Sugermegnolia

Yourself in 3 words: weird, creative, (animal)cat-lover

Guilty Pleasure: Lifetime Movies

Pet Peeves: Littering

Favorite TV Show: Family Guy

Plans for the Future: To move to a place I’ve never been before and travel before settling down to own my own pottery, clothing, jewelry, and candle shop.

Favorite Foods: Kale, mushrooms, veggie pizzas, sun-dried tomatoes, bagels, avocados, apples

Role Model: I’m inspired by Benj Upchurch so I guess him.

Favorite Animal(s): Cruton (my cat) and all other cats, penguins, sloths, and capybaras

Any Spring Break plans? Camping during spring break then going to NCECA (A Ceramics club trip) in Rhode Island the week after break. 

Inspiration: Nature, love, flowers, and bark

Hobbies: Cooping, movies, hammocks, hiking, drawing, listening to music, painting, and dancing

Favorite Feature: My dreadlocks

Spirit Animal: Cruton.