This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The second half of the semester is under way, which means more projects, exams and sleepless nights. When I’m studying late, pizza is my go-to food. Not only can it be delivered to me, but there are so many options in Lawrence. I can get anything ranging from buffalo chicken pizza, to spinach alfredo, to cream cheese and bacon. I received 29 responses to a survey where I asked students what their favorite pizza place is and why. I selected the top four with the most votes and explained what makes each one a little unique.

Pizza Shuttle

Location: 1601 W. 23rd St. #119

Description: Pizza Shuttle is independently owned and has been operating in Lawrence for almost 30 years. It is known for its combination of cream cheese and bacon. For late nights, this restaurant is popular because it’s open until 2 a.m. during the week and 3 a.m. on the weekend.

“Pizza Shuttle is my favorite because it’s such a cheap price for walk-ins. $4.75 for a 10-inch pizza and a drink is a great price for college kids who are running low on cash. It’s also great for finals week when you’re starving during your studies.” – Lacey McAfee (@keepitlacey), senior studying psychology

Papa Keno’s Pizzeria

Location: 1035 Massachusetts St.

Description: There are three Papa Keno’s locations in Kansas: Lawrence, Topeka and Overland Park. This is the place to go downtown if you are looking for some east-coast style pizza. You can get just a slice or a whole pizza to share. They offer other options as well, including calzones and sandwiches.

“There’s not a better place to go to get a slice. It’s cheap, delicious and in a great location.” – Jake Little (@therealjblittle), sophomore studying finance

Pyramid Pizza

Location: 1029 Massachusetts St.

Description: Pyramid Pizza offers a relaxed, cozy environment. You can choose from 18 different specialty pizzas or build your own. The crust is honey dipped and piled high with toppings. It’s a great place to just hang out or pick up a pizza. It is also open for those late night sessions until midnight throughout the week and 3 a.m. on the weekend.

“Every time I eat Pyramid Pizza, I feel like I’ve joined a pizza family that lives only to spread joy.” – Jake Frondorf (@frondorf), studying linguistics

Rudy’s Pizzeria

Location: 704 Massachusetts St.

Description: If you like to try different combinations, Rudy’s is the place to do it with 40 different topping options. You can order a big slice, a personal size or a full pizza. Its quaint environment makes you feel like you are at a friend’s home rather than a restaurant.

“Rudy’s is honestly the only pizza place I would ever go to in Lawrence. Best pizza I’ve ever had in my life. The sauce is slightly spicy, their wheat crust is delicious, they offer vegan cheese and a wide variety of toppings.  Also, they have awesome specials. On Wednesdays, you can get a small pizza for $3.75, a medium for $5.75 or a large for $7.75. Pretty hard to beat that deal if you ask me.” – Lucie Costanza (@lucieinthesky), graduate student studying Social and Cultural Studies of Education

Junior majoring in journalism and minoring in business at the University of Kansas. Experience as an entertainment correspondent for the University Daily Kansan and news writer for Her Campus, with an emphasis on lifestyle writing. CO Campus Rep. Dabbles in the art of love letter writing for More Love Letters.lawrencefoodie.wordpress.com