This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Katie Haberkorn

Hometown: Topeka

Relationship Status: Single

Classification: Junior

Major: Nursing

Campus involvement: Between work and school, I don’t have much time for campus activities.

Off-campus involvement: I work at a restaurant in Topeka as a server, manager and baker. I try to spend as much time as possible with my family and friends. Other activities include reading, watching movies, and staying healthy and fit.

Favorite movie: The Wizard of Oz. I know it’s kind of cliché for a Kansan, but I have loved it since I was very little.

Favorite dessert: Ice cream

Celebrity crush: Living celebrities would be Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Justin Timberlake. Deceased celebrities would be Gregory Peck, James Dean and Cary Grant.

Best way to spend a Friday night: With friends.

Perfect date: Anything as long as there is good conversation.

Song that describes you: “Something” by The Beatles

Something most people don’t know about you: My reoccurring nightmare is of tornadoes. The Wizard of Oz being my favorite film might have something to do with that.

What motivates you: Leo Tolstoy said, “Everyone thinks of changing the world, and no one thinks of changing himself.” So I guess what motivates me is me. I am the only one that can affect the changes I want to see in myself and that is what I try to do daily. I try to better myself and hope that that will have an effect on others.

Three words to describe you: Caring, loyal, and humorous.

Pet peeve: Negative people.

Favorite pick-up line: Is your name Google? Because you’ve got everything I’m searching for.

Dream job: One that allows me to travel and to spend time with my family and friends. Also, one where I can impact the lives of others would be ideal.

Turn-ons: Confidence, a great smile and eyes, good sense of style, intelligence and ambition.

Turn-offs: Indecisiveness and someone who is full of themself.

Your guilty pleasure: Watching hours of TV shows on Netflix.

Your favorite thing about KU: The beautiful campus.

Three things you want to do before you die: Travel the world, live in another country for a period of time, and write a book.