This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Jon Hargett

Instagram: hargettfilms

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Major: Film/ Strategic Communications

Hometown: Olathe, KS

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: Creative, Kind, Athletic 

Favorite pick-up line: “I’ve been waiting so long to meet someone like you.” 

What student organizations are you involved in?: I dance with KU Jeeva (@kujeeva) and I go to meetings for KU SASA (@kusasa12) when I can. You should check us out!

Celebrity Crush: Rachel McAdams or Melanie Iglesias 

Describte your ideal date: My ideal date…well it wouldn’t have to do with where exactly we were, obviously out of the country would be preferred, but more so on how the night went. I’d hope for lots of smiling and laughing and random stories and philosophies. Throughout it all I would want to wow her, show her something she hadn’t seen before or give her a new perspective on things and see that look of awe in her face. Most likely Dinner, a movie, shopping if she’d like, and then stargazing. If it were possible, I’d love to see a lantern festival.

Dream vacation: Beachside, white sands, crystal clear water, and a hammock and a lantern festival on the shoreline.

What are your goals after graduation?: My goals are to follow my passions and pursue the things that make me feel most alive and happy. Hopefully my talents will be used to help spread word or raise awareness of issues around the world. I just want to help or inspire others, while experiencing life head on.

Biggest turn on: Smile, eyes, laugh, the way a girl holds herself, and how she treats others. 

Biggest turn off: Heavy drug use, always talking about getting drunk or high, telling me you’d rather be out drinking or smoking, cheaters, and ugly personalities. 

Why did you choose KU?: It was the most convenient and most affordable at that point in time. I’m glad I did though, I’ve made some great friends.

What advice do you have for the new freshmen?: If you’re a hopeless romantic like me, a new approach that I’ve started to take is to treat each class like it’s a girl of interest. You’ve got to work hard if you want to win her over. Learn to listen and to understand her, don’t be late and don’t miss out because neither of those ever end well. Don’t half ass your efforts because it’s not fair to her, not fair to you either. Find that spark of inspiration, that thing that interests you and the thing you can relate to. The idea is to fall for her, and the reward is an “A”.

Accounting & Finance double major at the University of Kansas