This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Spring Break is over. Classes are getting harder with projects and tests piling on. We get so distracted by this nice, warm weather outside. It’s that time of the semester where we don’t want to do anything. At least for me, it’s very hard to keep up with all the workload I have right now. It’s hard to balance school and leisure time these days. I need to finish reading this textbook, but at the same time, I want to have a movie night with my friends, too. Time management is the key here. Balancing your time between school and personal life will definitely help you get through this week.

1. “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin

Do you think this is cliché? Yeah it might sound like it, but if you really think about it, this is so true. Time is ticking by and you can’t take it back. This doesn’t mean you have to rush through everything you do. Just know that you don’t have an infinite amount of time. You have to get things done before they are due. We all know this but we have to remind ourselves because it’s easy to forget how limited time we have.

2. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.” – Charles Buxton

I complain about the first part of this quote all the time. Not having time to do anything! We all know this. This is especially true for us when it comes to working out or going to the rec center. I know I have to go exercise but I don’t have time after finishing all the homework I have. If you want to do something, you need to make time for it by prioritizing it. For example, you can always take 15-30 minutes to run every morning before you go to class instead of just sleeping in.

3. “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Bertrand Russell

Don’t stress out too much about your life. I tend to do this a lot. You need to appreciate the things you could do with your friends and friends. Having a movie night, going shopping with your friends, going out to eat, etc. All these things are enjoyable and you have fun doing it. To motivate yourself to get through your crazy workloads, you need some breaks in between. Let’s clarify this though. If you are on Facebook for hours without studying for your exam that you have tomorrow I would say that’s wasting your time. It depends on how long you “waste” your time.

Motivated enough? Well it still can be hard to get through the workload after reminding yourself through these time management quotes. But remember, it really depends on you. You can regret not getting your work done; but remember you are the one who made the choice to do that. You are the one who is responsible to manage your time. It’s your time. 

Minseon Sunny Kim is a sophmore at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communication and Finance. She is interested in fashion, graphic design, technology, and social media. She would love to work for an advertising agency or fashion magazine one day.