How to: Let go of your Legging Addiction.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It is a well-known fact that leggings have become a staple piece in every college girl’s wardrobe. Although they have developed a bad stigma, they are an easy, quick, and comfortable clothing item we have all grown to love. Throwing a pair of leggings on with an oversized sweater and boots is a fast outfit that will allow you to hit the snooze button a few more times. It’s okay to whip out your faithful pair of leggings on occasion but do you worry that you’ve gone too far with your legging outfits? Is that all your professors and fellow classmates see you in? Do you have a pair that might have ripped from being worn too often? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you might have a legging problem. Luckily, there are legging alternatives that are just as comfortable, and maybe a little more appropriate to wear around campus.

1.       Head to campus in Harem Pants.

Harem Pants are perfect when you want the comfort and mobility of leggings. They come in a variety of materials, lengths, and patterns and can be easily dressed up or down. Not only have Harem Pants become a huge fashion trend over the past months but they are a comfortable item that can be converted into every season.

2.       Feel professional in Palazzo Pants.

Palazzo Pants have a similar shape to yoga pants but give off a much more pulled-together vibe. They are often made with the same materials that leggings and yoga pants are made with so if you are all about comfort, these pants are the way to go. With their fun patterns, palazzo pants are easy to work into a more professional outfit. Their flexible, durable material, make them feel like your yoga pants classier cousin.

3.       Make the move to maxi skirts.

Just when you thought leggings were the clothing item that gave you the most freedom and mobility, maxi skirts were invented. Maxi skirts are the ultimate comfort clothing item for every season, but they are perfect for more relaxed day on campus. Pairing a maxi skirt with a cute t-shirt, is an easy way to get the leggings vibe, with a more professional look. Whether you are speed walking to make it to class or cramming at the library, maxi skirts gives every aspect a comfort oriented college girl looks for.

4.       Bust out the boyfriend jeans.

Jeans aren’t the first thing that comes to a girls mind when they think of relaxed clothing and they are probably the last thing you want to be wearing while sitting through class. Boyfriend jeans on the other hand, give you simple comfort and style. Instead of tossing a pair of leggings on with a chunky fall sweater, find a pair of boyfriend jeans that will bring a whole new meaning to the phrase “casual outfit”. Boyfriend jeans are loose, flowy that give off the dressier vibe every girl is searching for.