How The HC Survival Kit Will Save Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

When the Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kit lands at KUHCHQ, we are cavewomen discovering fire for the first time. We exchange looks and tentatively approach the box, like it might be hiding a wild cougar or some other Cretaceous period predator waiting to pounce. When we pull back the flaps, we peer inside and sniff. Unlike real fire, the things inside do not hurt us. Much like real fire, these products are hot.

I find myself now in the KUHCHQ pawing through the box much like my four-month-old kitten (her name is Luna, she’s real cute). “What does this do?” I ask myself, looking at the box that contains a sheer panty by Leggs. My attention is quickly averted. “Koozie!”

Within the box of wonder, I find the means to smell like a fancy lady à la Juicy Couture (bless up to the velour goddesses), some stuff to poke on my eyelashes from Rimmel, and approximately four different magic potions to put on my face to make it feel like a baby’s bottom from Freeman. Camelbak makes a pretty steamy appearance (it’s a pun, we got some amazeballs anti-spill insulated travel mugs). Also, there’s Monistat? And like, a Diva Cup and some fun books and LOTS OF COUPONS. Who doesn’t love discounted junk we don’t ~technically~ need but can buy at a grocery store so it counts as groceries for our allowance from mom?!

Is it okay if I make an obscure reference here, collegiettes? Do you remember that episode of Jonas (not L.A., the other boring one) where Kevin and Joe don’t know what a colander is and they call it a magic bottomless bowl? That’s how this box feels. There’s so much stuff in it we can’t not give it away.

All of these things are fantastic on their own, but thrown all together it’s literally the perfect way to set the tone for the school year. You have everything you need and then some. So get on these giveaways, ladies because these products are about to change your life and rehabilitate you for the final stretch of the first semester! 

Hannah Strader graduated from the University of Kansas in December 2018 with a degree in journalism and creative writing. She has past experience as both a writer and editor for high school and collegiate level newspaper staff and spent the summer of 2017 in London working with Healthista, an online women's health magazine. Her passions include but are not limited to Harry Styles, Taco Bell, witchcraft and books. She has two cats and can recite all the U.S. presidents in order. She's proud to call herself a Her Campus alumni. Formerly the Editor in Chief, Senior Editor, and staff writer at Her Campus KU.