This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Holly Boxx

Age: 19 – sophomore

Major: Elementary education

Hometown: Olathe

Relationship status: Taken

Instagram: happyhollydays1

Twitter: @xxhollydollsxx

What is your favorite class this semester? C&T 100. It’s the only class I’m taking that’s specifically for my major. I’m just really excited to finally take a class that is actually going to help me later in life. It’s boring, but it’s also interesting because it’s stuff that I’ll be using for my entire career.

What is your dream career? I watch a lot of crime shows and my big thing was I wanted to do something with criminal investigating. I wanted to do either being a medical examiner to find cause of death with dead bodies. So gross, but I was interested in it. I wanted to do anything in forensic science, really. It ended up just being something that I wasn’t really driven to do. KU, I’ve always wanted to come to KU, so it was a big deal to me to find something here that I wanted to do. KU doesn’t have forensic science or criminal justice as a major here, so I kind of sunk into the education. I started doing work with education over the summer, so I’m really interested in that, but it would have been really cool to do something with forensic science, for sure.

What did you want to be when you were a kid? Teacher. All my life. Because my mom was a teacher, so she definitely rubbed off on me.

How do you go about meeting new people on campus? I’m very shy. I don’t like meeting new people unless someone, like, introduces them for me. I don’t like meeting new people on my own, so if someone comes up to me, that’s okay, but I don’t go up to random people. I’m just a shy person. When you meet me and get to know me, I’m not at all. If you go out with me you can tell I’m not, but if you just met me or you sit next to me in class, I probably will not talk to you.

What pets do you have and what are their personalities like? I have four dogs back at home. I have two Scottish terriers that are boys and two cairn terriers that are girls. The boys’ names are Mitt and Neil. Mitt acts like he’s still a puppy. He’s about three now, so he shouldn’t be acting like a puppy. He’s crazy. He gets really excited, he’s hyper — the definition of ADHD in a dog. Neil, on the other hand, is vicious. Something happened to him as a puppy. I don’t know. He’s very mean to other people. He bit a lip chunk off my friend’s face once because she got down and kissed him on his lips. We know to tell people, “Don’t get in his face, don’t do that, he’s not a nice dog.” He’s nice to our family, though. If my boyfriend comes over to my house, loves him. If my friend John comes over to my house, loves him. My family, fine. New people? He hates them. And then the two girls, Dolly and Presley, they have the same personality. They’re sisters from the same litter, have been together since creation. They are very skittish dogs and they like to bark at everything. Doorbell on a commercial, they bark. But they’re my two favorite dogs. I named Dolly [for] Holly. They’re very cute, just running around barking. That’s their entire personality. Barking.

If one song described your life, what song would it be? This is going to be so random, but I’m just going to say it anyway. Mine is “Live While We’re Young” by One Direction. ‘Cause I’m young, I’m going crazy partying or whatever, you know. We’re in college; we’re all young. We need to have fun. Trying to make the most of it. People make fun of One Direction, boyband or whatever, but I mean, it’s good lyrics. I like them. It’s a feel good song! I like feel-good songs that pump you up and that’s probably one of them.

Why did you choose KU? I chose KU because it was close to home. In-state tuition is nice, but I chose it because I didn’t want to be far away from my family. My mom and I are super, super close. She’s one of my best friends and I would not want to be apart from my mom or my dogs, for that matter. And I’ve grown up being a KU kid. My grandma took me to basketball games. My mom went here, so it was kind of an alumni thing, but also just close to home and I was pretty much raised on it.

What do you do for fun on your days off? I like to watch Netflix. I like Family Guy. I like to watch ID or any of the crime shows.  Dateline is probably number one. I like to hang out with my friends, I like to go out and hang out with my boyfriend. For the most part, I just like to relax. Now that I have a job up here it’s like I work, I go to class and I’m tired. I want to relax most of the time.

What are your hobbies? I like arts and crafts. I like painting anything. The entire summer I spent painting wine bottles and putting designs on them. Watching TV… It’s not a good hobby, but I do it a lot. Probably just hanging out with friends and watching TV and arts and crafts. I’ll go to Michaels and find stuff that’ll last me like an entire month of doing nothing in my free time but drawing or painting. Pinteresting. I Pinterest. Pinterest is a hobby as well.

Hannah Strader graduated from the University of Kansas in December 2018 with a degree in journalism and creative writing. She has past experience as both a writer and editor for high school and collegiate level newspaper staff and spent the summer of 2017 in London working with Healthista, an online women's health magazine. Her passions include but are not limited to Harry Styles, Taco Bell, witchcraft and books. She has two cats and can recite all the U.S. presidents in order. She's proud to call herself a Her Campus alumni. Formerly the Editor in Chief, Senior Editor, and staff writer at Her Campus KU.