Highlights from Lawrence Restaurant Week 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Last week, people came from all around to get a taste of downtown Lawrence. Lawrence Restaurant week kicked off on Sunday, Sept. 13, and ended on Saturday, Sept. 19. There were a total of 19 participating restaurants: 715, Merchants Pub & Plate, Limestone Pizza, Ramen Bowls, Ingredient, Ten, The Jayhawker, Free State, The Burger Stand, Global Cafe, The Mad Greek, The Roost, Terrebonne Po’ Boys, Genovese, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Ted’s Taphouse, Wa Sushi and even Drasko’s Food Truck. 

These restaurants all had special offers for their customers throughout the week. Some came up with new menu items, like The Burger Stand. One of their specials this week was a modified corn dog. A “waffle dog” (pictured below) is exactly what it looks and sounds like: a hot dog wrapped in a waffle on a stick. Who doesn’t love food on a stick? 

Some restaurants created multi-course meals just for Restaurant Week. 715, for example, had a special going where you could have a 4 course meal for $35/person. There were two options given for 3 of the 4 courses (pictured left). All of the choices looked absolutely mouth-watering! Ramen Bowls had a similar special with multiple different combo meal choices (pictured right).

To wrap up one of the most delicious weeks of the year, Final Friday was supposed to be a big evening of samples from 5-8 p.m. Downtown Lawrence was booming with visitors from all over Kansas (parking was a nightmare!). Sadly, the rain decided to show up right on time for this event, so I did not stick around for too long. 

Aside from the rain, I’d say that this year’s Lawrence Restaurant Week was a huge success, and I can’t wait to see what next year’s event will have in store for us. Below are all of this year’s Lawrence Restaurant Week Sponsors; thank you for making this happen!

Photo Credits:

lawrencerestaurantweek.com

Downtown Lawrence Restaurant Week’s Facebook Page

I am a Chicago native, and a student at the University of Kansas. I'm studying secondary education with an emphasis in English, and I hope to earn my masters in special education. My favorite things in the world are puppies, girl's nights in, and perfectly balanced caramel macchiatos. My least favorite things are clowns, writer's block, and going to the dentist. If you want to know more about me, just read my articles! I will try to put my own personal spin on every topic I cover. Her Campus rules, Rock Chalk!