Healthy Places to Eat on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

We all have those days where we are so busy we can barely think straight. Whether we have tests, papers, or
projects, we tend to focus more on our schoolwork than where or what we eat. Although we can all experience these stressful days, we shouldn’t’t let them affect our eating habits. Here are some places to eat that are conveniently located on campus while still offering healthy food to accommodate a busy day.

1. The Underground
Sadly no, I don’t mean the Chinese food or Pizza Hut. Instead, try the salad bar, a veggie wrap from Brellas or a Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. All of these options are healthier than the orange chicken or pepperoni pizza that you can get at the other restaurants in the Underground. The Underground also offers fresh fruit as well as granola bars for a snack during your busy day. Plus, these are all available to take on the go!

2. Hawk Food Stops
If you are in a rush this is the perfect place for you to stop. With various sandwiches, salads and snacks, a quick meal is easily accessibly through the Hawk Food Stops. They are designed for people on the go and they conveniently offer multiple locations. The Hawk Food Stops are located at the following places: Anschutz Library, Joseph R. Pearson Hall, Spahr Library, Strong Hall, Watson Library, Visual Arts and Murphy Hall.

3. Pulse – in the Studio, the Underground and the Union
Pulse offers delicious fruit smoothies to curve your appetite if you are in a hurry. They have flavors ranging from Strawberry Banana to Peach, with multiple options of additional ingredients that can be added into your smoothie as well. Add a protein supplement to make your smoothie even more satisfying.

Although there are additional healthy places to eat in Lawrence, these are a few of the best places to eat while in a hurry on campus. Regardless of if we eat at one of these locations or eat something healthy from our own pantry, the most important thing to remember is that even though we are busy we still have ways to eat a good, healthy meal for our bodies and for our minds!

University of Kansas Journalism School Student