Find the Perfect Dress Cut for Your Beautiful Bod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The Pear: This figure comes with a small waist and a little junk in the trunk. Choose a dress that will flatter your figure by finding the perfect cinched waist. This will emphasize your small waist and add a little flare to show off your bootylicious curves. If you’re feeling feisty, channel Christina Aguilera for a tighter look to rock your perfect curves!

Petite: Find the perfect dress for the smaller woman by not loading on the fabric. Keep it minimal to show off your petite figure with a bodycon dress. Just remember this tip: your dress should be long enough to cover the goods but short enough to keep it interesting! Eva Longoria is the perfect example of a well-dressed, petite woman!

Short Torso: Shout out to girls like me! Not to be mistaken with the petite figure, the short torso often has long legs; perfect for a line- dresses that create elongating lines to make your mid-section appear longer. Check out my look from my December formal!

Hourglass: Nothing is sexier than a pin- up figure. Work those curves with a flared skirt and corset bodice that shrinks your waist and emphasizes your beautiful curves. We all know Kim Kardashian is the queen of rocking her curves and dressing them properly. Work it, honey!

Busty: Maintain the girls with a thick-strapped dress. The straps will keep you comfortable while adding extra support for the perfect look and feel. Choose the bodice you like best whether it be flared or a line! Channel diva Jennifer Hudson for inspiration!

Shorts Legs: Make your legs appear longer with the magic of maxis! Maxi dresses and skirts create the same illusion as the a-line for petite women by creating straight lines, elongating your legs.  Pair with heels or wedges for that extra boost! Vanessa Hudgens is a frequent wearer of maxi dresses to create this illusion!

The Apple: If you carry most of your weight in your mid-section, choose loose-fitting dresses that wont cling and stick to your body. Dress it up and make it flirty with fun patterns and cuts! This look is perfect and breezy for summer or pair with tights to keep warm in the winter. The ever-funny Rebel Wilson perfected this look and cut and looks beautiful while doing so!

Small Chested: Volumize your chest by choosing dresses with fun and flirty ruffles. The ruffles along with other accents will create a feminine look and emphasize the chest area! Natalie Portman is the perfect model for this look!

*All pictures were used with permission from Creative Commons.