This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

This week I decided to make something that’s actually pretty easy to make. I made these candle jars for my sister for Christmas and I was excited for a reason to make them again. 

List of items:

• Mason Jars: I used two, but you can make as many as your heart desires.
  • Lace/fabric: I bought two types of lace.
  • Twine (optional): I used this to make the bows.
  • Hot glue gun: DO NOT USE REGULAR GLUE OR TACKY GLUE. [I bought the wrong glue because I wanted to save money and I regret that decision. Don’t be like me, just use hot glue. The whole process will go a lot smoother – trust me.]
  • Scissors
  • Little Candles

Steps:

Your first step is to place the glue on one part of the jar and then line up the lace or fabric you used on top of the glue.  Be sure to be careful because it is very easy to burn yourself. 

Next you’re going to strategically put more glue on the jar and lightly place the material on it so there are no wrinkles.  Do that until you’re all the way around the jar.  Personally, I waited to cut the material until I’m all the way around the jar so that I don’t accidentally cut the material too short. 

After you glue the material on there you can make a cute little bow!

Take the twine and wrap it around the jar, depending on where you want to make the bow.  I put a bow in different spots on each jar; one on the top or in the middle. You can put the bow wherever you want, it’s cute to place it different ways. 

I suggest wrapping it around the jar more than once, making sure one end of the string is in your hand so that you can use it to tie the bow.  Once you have the string the way you want it around the jar, cut the end off so that you’re ready to tie the bow. You can tie the bow like you tie a shoe. (That’s as easily as I can explain it.) Once that’s done cut the end of the bow so the ends are even. 

~ It’s that easy! I think making these is super fun and they definitely aren’t that hard to make.

Blue Valley West graduate of 2014. I am an avid golf player. I also enjoy playing the cello and singing in my spare time. I am hoping to major in social work and work with foster kids