This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

We all want to exercise and enjoy it profoundly. It has even been proven that exercise helps us mentally and physically; however, it still isn’t the easiest thing to commit to everyday. Sometimes it can be really difficult to scream to the world I enjoy exercising. However, there are certain ways you can enjoy it and the most important way is seeing it as something that you want to do rather than something you must do. Dance is always something you can do and not feel strained to classify it as exercise (even though it is)- dance could just be you having fun. This way there isn’t any pressure to perform or accomplish certain things in these sessions, however you are still moving and you are enjoying the time and not dreading the minutes as they fly by. I personally love dance and although I do other things to exercise such as swim and running, dance is always something that when I do I feel free and enjoy more than an actual day at the gym. If you are looking for fast music to dance to I recommend some Latin beats. There is always a constant beat that allows you to release the inner Shakira inside of you.

Dancing to hip hop routines is also very fun. You can create your own.

However you can always dance to existing routines. YouTube is a place that can always give you ideas and routines to perform.

Like I said, keeping a steady exercise routine can be difficult, so one way to still get the exercise and enjoy it is to not view it as exercise but as fun. Therefore I would recommend dance to anyone.

Dance to the beat and it will not only be fun but you’ll earn to enjoy exercise, without technically having to call it that. However, remember that with any exercise or dancing you commit yourself to the only way you will truly feel better and have the results also has to do with having healthy eating habits and drinking large amounts of water. The food pyramid is something we have heard since elementary school but the truth is it really makes a difference and is a requisite in wanting to have a healthy life, because a healthy is not only how much exercise one does.

Here are some Youtube channels which will provide you good workouts with the simple act of dancing to the beat.

Wilda Beast Adams

Mega Jam

Yanis Marshall

Gifs Provided by Giphy and photos by Youtube, Google, and Tumblr.