Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Celebrities

KU Orientation Assistant Series: Cornelius U-Jean Baker

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 23, 2014 - 11:36am

Name: Cornelius U-Jean Baker Year: Junior Major: Behavioral Neuroscience Hometown: Wichita Twitter Handle: @BakerCorn Activities you are involved in: KU Dance Marathon – Recruitment & Morale Committee, Allyship Workshop – Student Facilitator, Student Senate – On-Campus Senator, Student Housing – Oliver Resident Assistant, Office of Admissions – Multicultural Recruitment Team READ MORE

Orientation Assistant Spotlight: Becca Levine

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 10, 2014 - 3:55pm

Name: Becca Levine   Year: Junior Major: Religious Studies major and Jewish Studies and Leadership Studies minors Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri Activities you are involved in: KU Hillel, Undergraduate rep for Department of Religious Studies, Alpha Delta Pi, First-Year Experience, Jayhawks for Israel   READ MORE

KU Orientation Assistant Series: Jordyn Cox

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 6, 2014 - 5:18pm

Name: Jordyn Cox Year: Senior, Class of 2015 Major: Anthropology and Italian with a minor in theatre Hometown: Wichita, KS READ MORE

Kayla Carroll

By Cherilyn Farris
May 9, 2014 - 11:56am

This is one girl that knows how to bustle. Aside from managing an already not-so-typical Collegiette courseload, Kayla juggles a schedule that would make many people exhausted just looking at it. Pursuing a Bachelor's in Environmental Design is no easy feat, three-hour-long studios and homework to match takes up a lot of time, not to mention that she is also obtaining a minor in business with an emphasis in entrepreneurship. The rest of her time is committed to being an active member and T-shirt Chair of the Pi Beta Phi sorority, volunteering at blood drives and participating in the environmental design club, waitressing at a local sports bar, volunteering at the Lawrence Humane Society here and there, and simply running her own small business. Okay maybe not...

Jennifer Salva

By Cherilyn Farris
May 1, 2014 - 8:25am

KU’s very own Jennifer Salva is, in fact, Katniss Everdeen in true form. She camps, hunts, fishes, wields a compound bow and advocates for those who cannot always do so for themselves. She also happens to be Miss Topeka. READ MORE

Brandon Goldberg

By Madeline Hutton
April 25, 2014 - 12:23pm

You may know Brandon Goldberg from his involvement in the KU Jewish community, but you’re more likely to know him through his fraternity, AEPI. Brandon is a freshman this year from Evanston, Ill., majoring in Finance. He is a current member of AEPI and helps with the rush chair. His duties involve making the potential rushees feel comfortable around the brothers, scouting people to join the chapter and making sure all the potential rushees are a good match for the house. While Brandon won’t be living in the house next year, he will be a higher position on the rush committee and more involved in the fraternity as a whole.  READ MORE

Jeff Arnaudo

By Madeline Hutton
April 21, 2014 - 1:41pm

Meet Jeff Arnaudo, Student Union Activities (SUA) Spirit Committee coordinator, waterpolo enthusiast, certified lifeguard and transfer student from George Washington University. Jeff joined SUA when he transferred because he wanted to get involved quickly and regrets not joining anything at GW. Student Union Activities plans diverse, interactive and educational events throughout the school year, as well as provide leadership opportunities for students. There are seven different committees in SUA, such as culinary, live music and spirit. Each have a coordinator and assistant coordinator that oversee 10-13 people. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity : Chanté Gossett

By Cherilyn Farris
April 17, 2014 - 10:19am

Photos by Crystal Farris READ MORE

Keertana Chary

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
April 12, 2014 - 7:00pm

KU is home to a variety of clubs to celebrate culture and diversity- one such club is the South Asian Student Association (@KUSASA12), an organization designed to celebrate the south Asian culture through events such as Garba, Holi and our annual talent show (Jayhawk Jhalak). Keertana Chary, a junior from Wichita majoring in Finance and Accounting, is the Co-President Elect of SASA for the 2014-2015 school year. Chary, a transfer student from Ohio State University started at KU her sophomore year and was eager to get involved in an organization on campus. She applied for the SASA exec board and was chosen as one of the two liaisons in 2013.  READ MORE

Jayhawkers Presidential Candidate: MacKenzie Oatman

By Mac Leander, Laura Lyndall Fagen
April 3, 2014 - 10:35am

The Student Senate race is close to over! Make sure you are keeping up with the candidates and their platforms so you can be an informed voter during elections next week! Today, meet MacKenzie Oatman, the presidential candidate from the Jayhawkers coalition.   1. What are most significant values and messages of your campaign? READ MORE