Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Celebrities

Campus Celebrity : Chanté Gossett

By Cherilyn Farris
April 17, 2014 - 10:19am

Photos by Crystal Farris READ MORE

Keertana Chary

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
April 12, 2014 - 7:00pm

KU is home to a variety of clubs to celebrate culture and diversity- one such club is the South Asian Student Association (@KUSASA12), an organization designed to celebrate the south Asian culture through events such as Garba, Holi and our annual talent show (Jayhawk Jhalak). Keertana Chary, a junior from Wichita majoring in Finance and Accounting, is the Co-President Elect of SASA for the 2014-2015 school year. Chary, a transfer student from Ohio State University started at KU her sophomore year and was eager to get involved in an organization on campus. She applied for the SASA exec board and was chosen as one of the two liaisons in 2013.  READ MORE

Jayhawkers Presidential Candidate: MacKenzie Oatman

By Mac Leander, Laura Lyndall Fagen
April 3, 2014 - 10:35am

The Student Senate race is close to over! Make sure you are keeping up with the candidates and their platforms so you can be an informed voter during elections next week! Today, meet MacKenzie Oatman, the presidential candidate from the Jayhawkers coalition.   1. What are most significant values and messages of your campaign? READ MORE

Grow KU VP Candidate: Miranda Wagner

By Laura Lyndall Fagen, Mac Leander
March 25, 2014 - 8:00am

With Spring Break at an end, it's time to meet another candidate from this years Student Senate race. Miranda Wagner (@_mirandalw) is a junior majoring in economics from Shawnee, KS and is running with the Grow KU coalition as the Vice Presidential candidate.    What are most significant value and messages of your campaign? READ MORE

Jayhawkers VP Candidate: Mitchell Cota

By Laura Lyndall Fagen, Mac Leander
March 14, 2014 - 10:41am

Candidates have been chosen, platforms established and the Student Senate race is officially on. Make sure you stay up to date with every platform. Here to help learn more about the Jayhawkers coalition is Mitchell Cota, a junior from Overland Park, running as the Jayhawkers Vice President candidate. 1. What are most significant value and messages of your campaign? READ MORE

Michael Strickland

By Mac Leander
March 5, 2014 - 9:36am

A picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes, it’s even worth a thousand dollars if it’s good enough. Michael Strickland (@stricklandmr), a senior from Liberal, is an incredibly talented photographer and, despite his ample traveling, he’s found his home here in Lawrence.  “I love Lawrence. It’s definitely become my new home,” Strickland said. “School is school, which I’m never a big fan of, but I love the community here.” (Contributed photo) READ MORE

Niko Roberts

By Mac Leander
February 23, 2014 - 11:19pm

It’s common knowledge in Jayhawk nation that basketball is much like a religion. It’s filled with traditions passed down through generations. Once someone has experienced a game in Allen Fieldhouse, it’s hard to say there is any place quite like it. With March Madness rapidly approaching, who better to make a campus celebrity than one of our very own Jayhawk basketball players? Niko Roberts (center) on bench with teammates / CONTRIBUTED PHOTO READ MORE

Sara Kennedy

By Cecilia Cho
February 21, 2014 - 11:08am

The University of Kansas' theatre department has several performances each semester, as well as during the summer. One of the last shows of the 2013-2014 school year is Much Ado About Nothing, a comedic play written by William Shakespeare. Sara Kennedy (@SaraCKenn), senior theatre major from Topeka, is one of the leads for Much Ado About Nothing playing the role of Beatrice. READ MORE

Cameron Carruth

By KU Contributor
February 12, 2014 - 10:34am

An amazing cheerleader, a dedicated engineering student, and “5’9 and 165 pounds of good-looking amazingness” are just a few ways to describe Cameron Carruth. This chemical engineer from Wichita can almost always be found either cheering or studying. Carruth started cheering his sophomore year of high school, but became more serious about the sport his junior year by joining the Omega Cheer Club in Park City for the Level 4 team. This led him to win “America’s Best” in Kansas City, “Cheer Sport” in Kansas City, and the “NCA Oklahoma Classic” in Tulsa. READ MORE

Adriana Gaitan

By Cecilia Cho
February 1, 2014 - 3:23pm

What do the Universities of Kansas, Kentucky, and Kansas State all have in common? These three schools are part of the Women of University Calendars, the “longest-running, most recognized collegiate swimsuit calendar in the United States,” according to their website. Senior, Adriana Gaitan, a spanish major, is one of the models for the Women of KU Swimsuit Calendar. Gaitan found out about the Women of KU Swimsuit Calendar after her friends were in previous editions. She has worked in the past with the owner and photographer, Dave Gillispie, and was interested in working with him again. READ MORE