Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Celebrities

Hayley Loufek

By Emily Lenherr
October 22, 2014 - 9:56am

Hayley Loufek isn’t afraid to dream. Any individual who has spent time with Hayley knows this fact to be true. She is, at her core, someone who challenges and believes in the most inspirational and important ways possible. A senior majoring in English with a pre-med interest, Hayley dares to see the world with ultimate optimism. A transfer student, Hayley found herself drawn to KU, drawn by the people, the places, the ideas that reflected off of the campus and made it all seem electric and possible. READ MORE

Quentin Aker

By Jacey Lee Bishop
October 16, 2014 - 9:51am

READ MORE

Raeann Whitney

By Emily Lenherr
October 9, 2014 - 8:00am

Raeann Whitney doesn’t take no for an answer. At her very core, Raeann is fearless, empowered and inspired to be everything can be. She’s impossible to doubt, as she dares to change the world, and to never stop working to make the improvements that impact each and every individual around her. A junior majoring in microbiology, Raeann is the epitome of "involved." She’s the president of KU’s pre-medical society, a volunteer at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, involved in undergraduate research and devoted to her position for the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. Although busy, Raeann always finds the time to lend her support and aid wherever necessary. She isn’t afraid to take on a challenge and see it to completion. READ...

Isaac Bahney

By Jacey Lee Bishop
October 7, 2014 - 11:24am

Have you ever worried yourself sick with the fear of what you’re going to do AFTER graduation? Let’s not kid ourselves, no matter how sure we are with our goals in life, we’ve all had moments of panic when it comes to thinking about the future. Isaac Bahney (@IBahney94) knows exactly what that feels like, and that’s why he is one of the co-founders of the new organization on campus, Student Career Navigators. When asked what exactly this new organization is and how it came about, he replied: READ MORE

Rachel Seitz

By Emily Lenherr
October 2, 2014 - 9:51am

Rachel Seitz, at her very core, is a scholar. Brilliant and wise, Rachel is the kind of individual who initiates great change. A senior double majoring in English and anthropology, Rachel is no stranger to a challenge. An honors student, writing her thesis, Rachel is always on the go. More than anything, Rachel is a beam of optimism. To all those who know her, Rachel is the kind of person who can handle anything. She’s supportive and kind and always there for those who need her. She dreams great dreams, and it’s impossible not to believe in her. READ MORE

Terri Harvey

By Jacey Lee Bishop
September 30, 2014 - 8:00am

Sometimes in life, we let our hardships take us down to a dark place, and it seems as if we’ll never climb back into the light. Terri Harvey knows that dark place all too well, but instead of letting it trap her, she chooses to face the fight and use her own hardships to help others in life. Now a junior University Scholar majoring in Journalism (though considering switching to Sociology), Terri is currently an RA for Corbin hall, and last year served as an RA for Lewis Hall. At the end of her freshman year, Terri was given the devastating news that her boyfriend had taken his own life.  READ MORE

Sarah Larsen and Morgan Klug

By Emily Lenherr
September 27, 2014 - 2:46pm

Sarah Larsen and Morgan Klug are truly fearless. When they’re working together, anything is possible. No matter the issue, no matter the challenge, together, the two are unstoppable. As co-chairs for the family relations committee of KU Dance Marathon, the two are inseparable. They jokingly call themselves, “Morah,” and their comradeship is what makes them electric on and off the dance floor. Tied together by their central desire to change the world for the better, Morgan and Sarah appear larger than life. Both ladies dare to see the potential in the world, the places where things need to change, the successes that revolutionized the populations, and this objective view is what inspires each of them to do what they do best: inspire....

Mitch Rucker

By Jacey Lee Bishop
September 26, 2014 - 2:49pm

If you’re on the hunt for a student that lets nothing stand in his way, then Mitch Rucker (@mitchruckerKS) is your guy! As a senior at KU double majoring in Economics and Political Science, you’d think that Mitch would have his plate full enough with his studies, but that’s not the case! Mitch is a National Merit Scholar, an undergraduate teaching assistant at KU, an honors student and Honors Ambassador, a seminar assistant to Dr. Chris Wiles (Associate Director of the Honor’s Program), Secretary of his fraternity Alpha Tao Omega, part of the Jayhawkers coalition in Student Senate and has participated in Student Senate since his freshman year. READ MORE

Miranda Wagner

By Kalen Stockton
September 25, 2014 - 9:10am

You read the article, you tracked the hashtag, you probably saw the video, you might have even attended the sit in. The recent sexual assault mishandling by KU is one of the hottest issues on campus. Many students are trying to make their voices heard, and Miranda Wagner (@_mirandalw) wants to...

Natalie Parker

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
September 23, 2014 - 8:08am

This week, you may have seen advertising everywhere for KU Alternative Breaks (@kualbreaks), thanks in large part to the hard work of Natalie Parker. Natalie Parker (@natparker), a senior double majoring in Journalism and Global and International Studies is one lady who is always on the go. Besides acting as the PR Coordinator for KU Alternative Breaks for the last two years, Natalie is also the Communications Director for the KU The Future Majority, a Communications Intern for the campaign for Paul Davis for Governor, the Vice Chair of the Student Rights Committee for Student Senate, the KU Liaison for Students for a Sustainable Future and a member of the Mortar Board Senior Honor Society. READ MORE