Campus Organization: KZOO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Calling all animal lovers and cat ladies, KU’s KZOO (yes that a tongue twister) is here for you! KZOO a student-led organization that’s mission is to support, serve and celebrate animals. KZOO organizes fundraising events that benefit the Lawrence Humane Society.

The organization also raises awareness for the Lawrence Humane Society by bringing dogs from the shelter onto KU’s campus at least once a month. KZOO has even been coined as the “puppy people” on campus. They will even bring the dogs around during finals and midterms, because we all know there is nothing better than petting a little Airbud after being intellectually destroyed by that accounting final.

One of KZOO’s biggest events is Pandamonium. It’s a fundraising event that KZOO does at The Cave. Pandamonium is a black and white attire event, (hence the “panda” in Pandamonium). KZOO will be selling raffle tickets for prizes donated from Lawrence businesses and the community. The raffle tickets will be $3 each, and tickets are now on sale. You can buy the tickets at the Union, Wescoe Beach and at Anschutz. Pandamonium will be Nov. 20 at 9 p.m.  This year, KZOO will be partnering with the Black Student Union to help make the event even bigger and better than the past years. This will also be the Cave’s last 18+ night of the year. Last year, KZOO was able to raise over $200 and is looking to raise even more this year.

Help the pretty little doggies and kitties here id Lawrence by what we do best. Grab your best little black dress and your best friends and go to the Cave on the 20th.  We’ll see you on the dance floor!

Cailey Taylor. Director of Administration for Her Campus KU Journalism and Political Science major at University of Kansas. Staff member of Good Morning KU and KUJH News.