Campus Cutie: Laura Kubicki ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Meet Laura: She’s spirited, involved, and about as cute as they come. 

Grad year: 2016

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Hometown: New Jersey

Relationship status: Single 

Describe a perfect first date: An amusement park for the day because I love roller coasters and I love to see a guy’s inner-child come out. {OK, well this sounds fun}

Involvement at KU: 
-KU Student Ambassador (who doesn’t love a girl who can walk backwards?)
-Co-host of campus television show: KU E! News 
-A member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, Alumni relations chair
-Copy editor for the University Daily Kansan
-KU J-School Ambassador, Public Relations chair

Advice to incoming students: GET INVOLVED! I can not stress that enough. KU has over 600 clubs and organizations, there is something for you. Don’t be afraid to expand your boundaries. {Wise words}

Favorite Class you’ve taken at KU so far: COMS 130. I love public speaking a lot more than I ever thought and this class taught skills I use daily. 

Describe your favorite memory from your time at KU so far: Either meeting Bill Self or giving a campus tour to Iowa State University’s men’s head basketball coach, Fred Hoiberg and his daughter, who is considering becoming a Jayhawk. {ROCK CHALK}

What do you think about Kansas? I think Kansas is a hidden gem. I had a lot of misperceptions about Kansas before I came to KU, but Kansas has a little bit of everything (besides the ocean) and the people here are very welcoming and friendly. I really love being from out of state because I get to experience two different worlds and Kansas is a whole new adventure. Also, there are few things as beautiful as Kansas sunsets. {Oh how right you are, Laura}

Favorite thing to do in your free time/weekends: Cheer on KU athletics or during nice weather, I love to walk up and down Mass Street and go shopping or grab a bite to eat outside with friends.

Hobbies: I am a retail therapy enthusiast. I’ve shopped for 10+ hours straight in NYC with my mom several times. {We’d totally be friends}

Do you have a tinder? What’s your bio? I’m not going to lie, I’ve conformed to the Tinder movement. Bio: The three words to a girl’s heart are Rock Chalk Jayhawk. {Well, there ya go fellas}

What’s on the top of your bucket list? Where’s the coolest place you have traveled to? To go abroad! I’ve only been to Canada and I’m planning on studying abroad this summer. Traveling is a huge passion of mine. I’ve visited almost all 50 states! 

Where would you like to travel to most? I would love to travel to Dubai. The city and its landscape looks breathtaking. 

Plans for Spring Break: South Padre Island! {Prepare yourself.}

(kveo.com)

Plans after college: Move back to the East Coast, live in Hoboken, NJ overlooking the Hudson River and have a broadcast career in The Big Apple.

Ideal job: I would LOVE to do what Giuliana Rancic does; journalist and host of E! News.

Do you have any strange quirks? I can do a really impressive goat imitation. {Can we see this?}

Favorite TV show: I’m really into Revenge right now. I also can never watch too much Desperate Housewives. 

Favorite Disney Movie: “Mulan”, no doubt about it. I know all the words to that movie. {Yep, we’d be friends alright}

Favorite Food: Tacos= my soul food. 

If you had a theme song, it would be? “Miss Independent”- Kelly Clarkson

What’s the last concert you attended? Shaggy at the Granada. {My 13-year-old self would be freaking out right now}

Describe yourself in three wordsOutgoing, tall, optimist. 

If you could have dinner with a celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be? Justin Timberlake. I’ve been a fan since he was a part of NYSNC, and I still love him to this day. 

{Yeah, I’d have dinner with this too.} (now-here-this.timeout.com)

What are your top turn ons? I’m a tall girl, so tall guys are a turn on. Also, confidence is a huge turn on. 

Turn offs? Cockiness.

Your Spirit Animal would be? Zebra. Their stripes are sassy and I love it. 

What motivates you? Surrounding myself with people who have a positive outlook on life.

What are you passionate about/inspired by? I’m passionate about making my dreams turn into my reality.

Twitter handle: @laur_kub

All photos provided by Laura 

Kansas raised (no not on a farm) but forever seeking the wanders of the world. She's one part human, one part hairspray, and one part sawdust. Her happiness is rooted in dabbling in various avenues of creative expression. Pursuing an BFA in Industrial Design and minors in Italian and Strategic Communication, she's a full time student and part time hair stylist. You can find her at the dog park, sharing an ice cream cone with her hound or at a coffee shop downtown.