Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Blog

Be YOU This Halloween

By Megan Tiger
October 31, 2014 - 11:12am

I think, in general, everyone has happy memories of Halloween growing up, unless you are one of those people who hates anything scary and are scarred for life. Halloween used to be about having the best costume on the block and getting the best treats. But somewhere down the line, right before college, that seemed to change, and Halloween turned into a contest of who can wear the most revaling costume. READ MORE

10 Reasons College Students Were Cats In a Past Life

By Shelby Ostrom
October 30, 2014 - 9:15am

1. We really like sleep, sleeping is our favorite  2. We try to be cool, but it just doesn't work sometimes  3. We get distracted while trying to be adults  4. We work really hard, but sometimes we just can't achieve our goals  5. We like to distract ourselves in the bathroom so we don't have to go back to class  READ MORE

4 Ways to Stay Organized During a Busy Week

By Erica Richardson
October 28, 2014 - 10:56am

It’s midway through the semester and things are starting to get hectic. With the craziness of midterms and schedules becoming tighter and tighter, keeping life in order mid-semester can be a challenge. Here are a few tips for staying organized during this busy time: READ MORE

Kansas: A Win for the Underdog

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 27, 2014 - 11:34am

Emma Watson Takes Great Steps Towards Gender Equality

By Erica Richardson
October 26, 2014 - 11:53am

If you haven’t already heard, Emma Watson is the new Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations Women. Being a huge fan of both Emma Watson and the U.N. myself, you can only imagine how stoked I was to hear about this collaboration. Watson’s role as the Goodwill Ambassador is working on her organization, HeForShe. The purpose of HeForShe is to achieve gender equality. Watson is calling on not just women to participate in this movement, but for men to raise their voices as well. I was truly blown away by Watson’s speech at the United Nations. Many times, feminism is looked at as a bad thing. READ MORE

6 Signs You're A Burgeoning Coffee Addict

By Callie Byrnes
October 25, 2014 - 7:05pm

As a college student struggling to keep up with midterms, class projects, and all-night study seshes, I’ll admit that I might have developed a bit of a coffee addiction. And by “a bit of a coffee addiction,” I mean that if I don’t get my daily intake of caffeine, I will spend the rest of the day trudging around campus lifelessly with a headache that puts most hangovers to shame. It's easy to pretend you don't have a problem, especially when you used to just be a casual coffee drinker that drank frappés with friends every once in awhile. But the farther you fall down the slippery slope known as a caffeine addiction, the harder it is to ignore the signs that you might actually be further gone than you originally thought....

DIY: Monogrammed Pumpkin

By Shelby Ostrom
October 24, 2014 - 9:47am

Hey ya’ll! I’m so excited that I get to continue with this awesome series of DIYs, probably just because it means I get to browse Pinterest and the Internet looking for fun ideas that would love to do and I know you will too! This week I decided that I want to show you guys how to do a glitter letter pumpkin. I’ve seen this a few places, so it’s not completely my idea, but I thought I would still show you guys how to make one in your own style! photo credit: http://goo.gl/aZOeAQ Time: about 30 minutes READ MORE

An Open Letter to Coffee Megan Tiger

By Megan Tiger
October 23, 2014 - 11:37am

Dear Coffee, READ MORE

10 Fall Nail Polish Colors You Have to Try

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 22, 2014 - 9:55am

As the fall season progresses, I’m sure we have all begun to put away our summer clothes and break out our fall wardrobes. Bid your final goodbyes to all the exhilarating neon colors of the summer that we know and love. It’s now time to say hello to all of the rich fall colors that seem to never go out of style. Along with switching up our clothing choices, it’s time to start changing our selection of nail polish colors, to further echo the wonderful colors fall has to offer. As inspiration for the next time you decide to paint your nails, here’s a list of ten of my favorite fall nail polish colors. 1. Red (official name: “My Old Flame”) READ MORE

Favorite Fall Recipes

By Erica Richardson
October 21, 2014 - 3:16pm

The temperature is going down and my cravings for comfort foods are quickly approaching. Fall is the best time to try out some seasonal dishes. Between hot chocolate, soups, and pies, this season’s foods are simply delectable. Here are a few of my favorites: Pumpkin Pancakes   This time of year, there is pumpkin-flavored everything, but the best pumpkin-flavored delight I’ve come across has been these delicious pancakes. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring with these hotcakes! Here’s what you’ll need READ MORE