Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Blog

DIY: Monogrammed Pumpkin

By Shelby Ostrom
October 24, 2014 - 9:47am

Hey ya’ll! I’m so excited that I get to continue with this awesome series of DIYs, probably just because it means I get to browse Pinterest and the Internet looking for fun ideas that would love to do and I know you will too! This week I decided that I want to show you guys how to do a glitter letter pumpkin. I’ve seen this a few places, so it’s not completely my idea, but I thought I would still show you guys how to make one in your own style! photo credit: http://goo.gl/aZOeAQ Time: about 30 minutes READ MORE

An Open Letter to Coffee Megan Tiger

By Megan Tiger
October 23, 2014 - 11:37am

Dear Coffee, READ MORE

10 Fall Nail Polish Colors You Have to Try

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 22, 2014 - 9:55am

As the fall season progresses, I’m sure we have all begun to put away our summer clothes and break out our fall wardrobes. Bid your final goodbyes to all the exhilarating neon colors of the summer that we know and love. It’s now time to say hello to all of the rich fall colors that seem to never go out of style. Along with switching up our clothing choices, it’s time to start changing our selection of nail polish colors, to further echo the wonderful colors fall has to offer. As inspiration for the next time you decide to paint your nails, here’s a list of ten of my favorite fall nail polish colors. 1. Red (official name: “My Old Flame”) READ MORE

Favorite Fall Recipes

By Erica Richardson
October 21, 2014 - 3:16pm

The temperature is going down and my cravings for comfort foods are quickly approaching. Fall is the best time to try out some seasonal dishes. Between hot chocolate, soups, and pies, this season’s foods are simply delectable. Here are a few of my favorites: Pumpkin Pancakes   This time of year, there is pumpkin-flavored everything, but the best pumpkin-flavored delight I’ve come across has been these delicious pancakes. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring with these hotcakes! Here’s what you’ll need READ MORE

HC KU Loves Our Back-To-School Survival Kit!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
October 19, 2014 - 10:33pm

Her Campus KU is so excited for our Back-to-School Survival Kit!! We are so lucky that every semester we get two survival kits that make it so much easier to get through this crazy thing called college. So we want to say thanks for all of the great gifts we got (plus, show you what goodies we are going to be giving away to our readers this semester! First, for food we got some wonderful snacking options. Chipotle made sure to give us ten buy one get one gift cards! What’s a better date night than two burritos for the price of one? We also got some delicious mini Luna Bars for some healthy snacks while we study. READ MORE

DIY: Pumpkin Painting

By Shelby Ostrom
October 19, 2014 - 1:18pm

Since Halloween is coming up in a few weeks and fall is one of my favorite times to be crafty. I thought that I would share a few different ways to decorate your pumpkins without carving them. This week, as a start, I’m going to show you how to paint them to perfection. It’s very simple and will probably only take you about 30 minutes to do. Let’s get started! What you will need: A Pumpkin: doesn’t matter the size, just one that you feel comfortable painting! READ MORE

7 Ways to Make it Through the Rest of the Semester, As Told By The Gilmore Girls

By Megan Tiger
October 18, 2014 - 1:12pm

Now that Fall Break has come and gone in Lawrence, Kansas, it means us Jayhawks are in the home stretch. The final leg of the semester can be the most difficult. Between cramming in group projects, Fifteen extra textbook chapters, and last minute tests, life can get very stressful. This half of the semester is all about keeping your focus and motivation. But have no fear Christmas carols are just around the corner and before you know it 2015 will be here. So who better to give life tips then the Gilmore Girls?  READ MORE

Learning How to be Single

By Jacey Lee Bishop
October 17, 2014 - 2:48pm

Okay ladies, let’s be real for a sec. We all know the too familiar horror of being dumped. We as women go through these tragedies in an almost ritualistic way; at first, we say we’re fine and we don’t need him anyway, but then the gravity of the situation hits us in an all-too dramatic fashion and we end up crying with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and the company of our one and only true love, Netflix. But the important thing is, after we’ve cried our hearts desire over the stinging rejection, we get up, wipe the ice cream off our face, and get back out there! READ MORE

Brothers: Can’t Live with Them, Can’t Live Without Them

By Emily Johanek
October 16, 2014 - 9:18am

Boys are interesting human beings, especially when you are forced to grow up with them and live in the same household. If you were lucky/unlucky enough to grow up with brothers, then you’ll relate to these stereotypes that are more often than not true for most sisters. Every advantage of having a brother or many brothers may eventually turn into a disadvantage, and every disadvantage of brothers may turn into an advantage. Sports: READ MORE

Top 5 Ways to Prevent Rape

By Leah Albee
October 15, 2014 - 10:30am

1. Don't rape anyone 2. Literally just do not touch a single person without enthusiastic informed consent 3. DO NOT RAPE ANYONE READ MORE