Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Blog

My Story: What I learned From the Squat Challenge

By Jazmine Polk
April 17, 2014 - 10:08am

If you have a Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, you have probably come across the “Squat Challenge.”  The Squat Challenge is a 30 day squat schedule that involves increasing the number of reps every day.  The advertisements for the challenge use slogans like “Do you want a bigger butt” or we are shown a picture of a woman with a round derrière with the subtitle, “she squats.”  All are attempts to get women to join in on this booty-obsessed craze. READ MORE

5 Hilarious Women You Should Be Following on Social Media

By Justine Powls
April 16, 2014 - 8:30am

Here are my top 5 favorite women to follow on social media: 1) Kelly Oxford Author of Everything Is Perfect When You’re A Liar screenwriter and twitter sensation   Twitter- @kellyoxford Instagram- kellyoxford 2) Jenny Mollen Writer for Cosmo Magazine READ MORE

Guys Guess Bra Prices

8 Questions Guys Want To Know The Answers To

By Brea Cudney
April 15, 2014 - 11:25am

Guys don’t understand girls. Try as they may, certain questions will always be on their minds. “Why do girls like Nutella so much?” “Why is it that always girls take selfies in bathrooms?” I had the opportunity to sit down with three males and answer some of their burning (and not so burning) questions about girls. I hope they can sleep a little better now after venturing into the deep depths of the girl’s psyche. 1. How can yoga pants actually be warm? They actually aren’t very warm. They are just super comfortable and are way better than wearing ‘real’ pants. 2. Why do girls have so many different bottles in the shower? READ MORE

Company Spotlight: Serengetee

By Abby Adler
April 13, 2014 - 8:00am

“Wear the world.” That is the known phrase for the brand Serengetee. At the beginning of second semester, I was lucky enough to receive the opportunity to become a campus representative for this incredible brand. Today, I am here to spread the word and let you know how incredible they truly are.   READ MORE

The Year Of The Strong Woman

By Jazmine Polk
April 12, 2014 - 8:30am

I don’t know about you but I’m loving this “Girls Can Do It Too” theme that Hollywood has going on. READ MORE

7 Things About Greek Life You Didn't Consider

By Kaitlin Obermeyer
April 11, 2014 - 10:14am

1. It’s not all about partying. Greeks raise about 7 million dollars a year for charity. Every chapter in the Greek system has a charity they raise money for. 2. We do our own finances. Being in a chapter can be compared to a business. There are different positions and each position has its own job. We all work together to make our chapter work. On the flip side though, if you don’t pay your rent, you are kicked out of the chapter. It’s not far off from real life. READ MORE

Five things to do before summer ends

By Cailey Taylor
April 10, 2014 - 11:48am

1.)  Go to a KU Baseball game. Its free and there are boys, do you really need anything else? KU basketball and football get a lot of attention, but those baseball boys work just as hard. Plus while admiring the players, you can catch some sun and get working on that summer tan. Just look at the schedule, grab your KUID card and head to Hoglund Ballpark to support your Jayhawks. 2.)  Volunteer. READ MORE

Hey you! You are beautiful.

By Minseon Sunny Kim
April 9, 2014 - 1:26pm

First, before you read this article, watch this short commercial. What did you think? I saw this commercial during my Journalism class, and it was really heartwarming. Because I know I am certainly one of those people who don’t like to be taking pictures when they don’t look great. I am sure some of you reading this article would think you are one of those women in the video. READ MORE

9 Things You Should Know Before An Interview

By Justine Powls
April 8, 2014 - 10:44am

So you just landed your first big girl interview! Congrats! This is a big step towards success so it’s only right that you act accordingly! Now, I'm not talking about landing a position at your local fast food drive-up. You're interviewing for an internship or a permanent position at that big company you've been researching for so long- nice! Use these tips to impress and persuade your future boss that you’re the right person to hire: 1)   Don’t wear perfume or any body spray. The person interviewing you may not like the smell of what you’re wearing and it could be overwhelming for them! However, you should probably smell like you’ve showered recently… so, yeah, don’t forget to shower. READ MORE...

An Inner Monologue Of My First Time Abroad

By Brea Cudney
April 6, 2014 - 3:25pm

I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to venture "across the pond" to London over Spring Break. I went with a class I am taking called, “The London Review,” and it is through the Office of Study Abroad at the University of Kansas. If you are interested in having the best Spring Break you can ever imagine, I would HIGHLY recommend applying for this program. Do it. Anyway, here is just a compilation of my thoughts during my first ever trip outside of the United States: Day 1: The Eight Hour Flight. “Ohmygosh! It’s the Atlantic Ocean!”         READ MORE