Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Blog

What Your Chipotle Order Says About You

By Shelby Ostrom
October 1, 2014 - 8:00am

If you’re anything like me, you probably love Chipotle and eat it WAY too much. And, if you’re even more like me, you probably analyze what exactly your order says about you. So, this week I decided to let you in on a little secret: what your chipotle order really says about your personality.  Quesarito photo credit: http://goo.gl/Z6MB31 READ MORE

5 Creative Ways to Pay Your College Tuition

By Elena Cleaves
September 30, 2014 - 9:48am

Let’s face it: tuition is expensive. Too expensive. Like, “I’m going to be drowning in debt the rest of my life” expensive. After countless FAFSA forms and heavy interest rates, it’s only reasonable to look for a better way to pay for school. Sure, you could spend hours upon hours filling in the blanks on dozens of scholarship applications or working three waitressing jobs, but let’s be honest: you’ve totally thought about doing some of these instead. 1. Stripping READ MORE

You Know You're a Freshman When...

By Erica Richardson
September 29, 2014 - 12:36pm

You get on the wrong side of the bus. You still get lost around campus. You wear your lanyard everywhere. Yep, it's pretty obvious who is a freshman when the school year starts, and you definitely know you're a freshman when... 1. Through the crowd of people walking to class, you actually find someone you know. 2. You learn to appreciate all those home-cooked meals that are now replaced by dining hall food. 3. There are so many attractive guys on campus and you wonder where they all were in high school. READ MORE

"If I Stay" Movie Review

By Erica Richardson
September 28, 2014 - 11:21am

After seeing the a commercial for the movie "If I Stay," I was intrigued. It has Mireille Enos in it and is a romance story, how could it not be decent? So a couple of girlfriends and I checked it out. It's the story of Mia Hall, an aspiring Julliard cello player who has fallen in love with the lead singer of a rock and roll band named Adam. They're head-over-heals until they realize that they want different things out of life and are caught between their love story and their futures as musicians. At the beginning of the movie, Mia and her family are involved in a car accident. She has an out-of-body experience, watching life go by but not actually living. She watches herself being taken to the hospital and watches her family and friends coming to...

How to recover from your Netflix addiction

By Emily Johanek
September 26, 2014 - 8:00am

The first step in recovering from any addiction is to admit you have a problem. Netflix can be and is a serious addiction. Netflix has the ability to control your life. The addiction may just innocently begin with one episode. That one episode turns into two episodes, which is still harmless. Next, you’ve watched an entire season. One season turns into an entire series. From there, the entire Netflix inventory is at your beck and call. Here are some serious effects that Netflix may have on your life: READ MORE

13 Instagramers You Need To Follow

By Megan Tiger
September 25, 2014 - 9:21am

Are you bored of the same old same old insta post? You won't be after you make it through this list.  1. Vee_Schmidt Vanessa Schmidt is a Northwest-based graphic designer, florist, and stylist who runs her own design website www.tribesnpines.com. Her feed is full of mesmerizing flower crowns and topography that will keep you scrolling for days. http://instagram.com/vee_schmidt READ MORE

Lipstick: A Girl's Best Friend

By Callie Byrnes
September 24, 2014 - 10:09am

Some people say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but as a broke college student who can’t even afford cheaply-painted fake jewelry, I’d like to disagree. Don’t get me wrong: I’ll take diamonds as a form of company any day, but they’re a rare commodity in the world of the overworked and the underfed, and I’m more willing to find alternatives than dish out the dough. Which brings us to the next best thing: lipstick. Lipstick has become much more popular in the younger generation as of late, and I’d like to think it’s about more than looking pretty; it’s about being fabulous and taking the world by storm. Don’t believe me? Here are just a few examples of the magic qualities that lipstick possesses. READ...

16 Thoughts You Have While Drinking the Pumpkin Spice Latte

By Shelby Ostrom
September 23, 2014 - 8:00am

I feel very #blessed that I get to write this story, probably because I actually got to go to Starbucks and drink the staple of fall: the PSL. But, anyhow, for those of you who have never had this beautiful item grace your taste buds I’m going to give you a rundown of the 16 thoughts you will have drinking perfection. 1. Starbucks just send me an email, OMG IT’S BACK 2. I think I’m going to cry, or at least start hyperventilating. 3. I have to go now, where are my keys. WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!?! READ MORE

10 Profile Pictures Every Guy on Tinder Uses

By Elena Cleaves
September 22, 2014 - 2:10pm

As a 20-year-old girl living in a spirited college town, there really isn’t an escape from Tinder. This new hot-or-not app has spread like wildfire throughout campuses nationwide and it seems like everyone is constantly swiping. I personally have no interest in using an app to find men just miles from me who want to have sex (um… creepy) but after watching my friends get match after match and hit “Keep Playing,” I had to get one for myself. It isn’t the cheesy bios or the vomit-inducing pick-up lines that make me laugh, though; it’s the pictures. These guys are selling themselves on a basis of 3-5 pictures, and THESE are the golden photos that seem to always make the cut (as told by embarrassingly real Facebook photos of mine):...

3 Highly Underrated iPhone Applications

By Jordan MacGillivray
September 20, 2014 - 12:03pm

It is so fortunate that we live in a time where apps are accessible to the public, and inevitably are making life simpler. Here are some of the highly underrated lifestyle applications that everyone could benefit from: 1. Our Groceries Shopping List READ MORE