Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Blog

Tips for Attending a Wedding (and what to wear)

By Kaitlin Obermeyer
April 24, 2014 - 10:58am

It’s that time of year again when weddings come about. Many of us are at that point in life when our friends are getting hitched. I just photographed a good family friends wedding and thought I would share the cute dresses and colors that are in this spring. Here are some tips every woman should know about before attending a wedding. 1.This is the most obvious tip and I hope everyone already knows this. DO NOT wear anything that is predominantly white. Even if there is another color in it, don’t do it. You don’t want to upstage the bride. 2.Try and find out what the bridesmaids will be wearing. You don’t want to show up in the same colors looking like part of the wedding party! READ MORE

The Less You Reveal The More People Can Wonder

By Justine Powls
April 23, 2014 - 1:36pm

Dear Ladies,             You don’t need to show your boobs or your butt to get attention from a man. Yes, I know- you’ve heard that a million times before. It’s the truth though. If I can’t tell the difference between a pair of your shorts and a pair of your swim bottoms, you should probably invest in a new pair of both. Also, if you’re one of those girls that come from what I like to call “Spillage Village” then you should probably invest in either a bra or a shirt that fits too. READ MORE

Celebrate the place we live in: Earth Day

By Minseon Sunny Kim
April 22, 2014 - 10:39am

On April 19, there was an Earth Day Celebration parade and festival at the South Park and along Mass Street. Families and kids were sitting on the corner of Massachusetts Street, waiting for the parade to start. Once the parade began, some students in the parade were playing Beatles’ music, some people were dancing, waving at each other and shouting “Happy Earth Day!” It was such a nice day to just sit out under the sun and see little kids riding bicycles, smiling and waving at you with flowers in their hands. READ MORE

6 Reasons Why House Plants Are Better Than House Pets

By Brea Cudney
April 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

Every so often I find myself really craving a companion of the canine or feline variety. How nice would it be to come home and snuggle up against a furry friend? Really nice. But being in college and with the lack of time and money, I've found that I will have to hold off this urge until a few years down the road. In the meantime I have taken to caring for my four house plants. Three I have adopted and one I have recieved as a gift. These plants have taught me responsibilty and my occasionally, lack there of. This is why I have come up with reasons as to why you should consider taking a visit through the Plantae Kingdom. READ MORE

10 ways to decorate your Easter Eggs

By Minseon Sunny Kim
April 18, 2014 - 11:19am

It’s Easter this Sunday. I am sure you all remember when you were a kid, you would go on an Easter egg hunt with your friends and try to get most chocolates and candies out of all your friends. I never actually got to do that when I was a kid but I always loved decorating eggs. For me, it was the one and only day where my mom wouldn’t say anything to me when I was playing with food. I love making crafts and playing with construction paper, crayons, and paints, so I thought instead of using plastic eggs filled with candy, why not decorate your own Easter egg in a classic way? It's always fun to make something on your own, right? READ MORE

My Story: What I learned From the Squat Challenge

By Jazmine Polk
April 17, 2014 - 10:08am

If you have a Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, you have probably come across the “Squat Challenge.”  The Squat Challenge is a 30 day squat schedule that involves increasing the number of reps every day.  The advertisements for the challenge use slogans like “Do you want a bigger butt” or we are shown a picture of a woman with a round derrière with the subtitle, “she squats.”  All are attempts to get women to join in on this booty-obsessed craze. READ MORE

5 Hilarious Women You Should Be Following on Social Media

By Justine Powls
April 16, 2014 - 8:30am

Here are my top 5 favorite women to follow on social media: 1) Kelly Oxford Author of Everything Is Perfect When You’re A Liar screenwriter and twitter sensation   Twitter- @kellyoxford Instagram- kellyoxford 2) Jenny Mollen Writer for Cosmo Magazine READ MORE

Guys Guess Bra Prices

8 Questions Guys Want To Know The Answers To

By Brea Cudney
April 15, 2014 - 11:25am

Guys don’t understand girls. Try as they may, certain questions will always be on their minds. “Why do girls like Nutella so much?” “Why is it that always girls take selfies in bathrooms?” I had the opportunity to sit down with three males and answer some of their burning (and not so burning) questions about girls. I hope they can sleep a little better now after venturing into the deep depths of the girl’s psyche. 1. How can yoga pants actually be warm? They actually aren’t very warm. They are just super comfortable and are way better than wearing ‘real’ pants. 2. Why do girls have so many different bottles in the shower? READ MORE

Company Spotlight: Serengetee

By Abby Adler
April 13, 2014 - 8:00am

“Wear the world.” That is the known phrase for the brand Serengetee. At the beginning of second semester, I was lucky enough to receive the opportunity to become a campus representative for this incredible brand. Today, I am here to spread the word and let you know how incredible they truly are.   READ MORE

The Year Of The Strong Woman

By Jazmine Polk
April 12, 2014 - 8:30am

I don’t know about you but I’m loving this “Girls Can Do It Too” theme that Hollywood has going on. READ MORE