sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best of Valentine’s Day at KU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I approach Valentine’s Day with a different attitude every year. Sometimes I love it (when I’m in a relationship), some years I hate it (you can guess when that is), but this year I have really grown to embrace it as an opportunity to show everyone around me just how much they mean to me. Valentine’s Day, whether you are completely wrapped up in the idea of celebrating your love for others or believe it is a complete conspiracy created by Hallmark, is still going to happen each year on Feb. 14 and crowd every decent restaurant in the continental United States. This week I want to share with you some of the Valentine’s dates and gifts that I saw via one social media outlet or another (because we all know that half of the fun is sharing it with others), so maybe you can get some ideas for next year or just enjoy the awesomeness that others received.

Freshman Megan B. got the stuffed animal we all dream of!

The traditional flowers, candy/strawberries and stuffed animal will never get old. Thank you, Heidi, for sharing!

But alongside tradition, senior Heidi T. got something a little more personalized. (The bear is SO cute!)

Speaking of personalization, freshman Hannah S. got chocolate with a pearl necklace. (Boys who listen = <3)

Sophomore Becca W. took personalization to a whole new level with these 365 reasons she loves her man. (I may be stealing this idea in the future.) 

Senior Laura F. also combined personaliztion with her man’s favorite candy :)

Sophomore Taylor wrote 14 reasons why she loves her girlfriend on a softball because her special lady plays softball.

And in return, Dani put together this really thoughtful poster for Taylor. Yum!

Sophomore Ariel S. and Dakota S. went to the KU Women’s Basketball game for V-Day. Doesn’t Big Jay look awesome?

Now, couples aside, let’s check out some other awesome Valentine’s.

My mom sent me my favorite cookies in this cute little pail! (If you haven’t had Cheryl’s buttercream cookies, you haven’t lived!)

Sophomore Annie S. went to an 80’s party and fundraiser with her friends.

Her sister Mia S. was also there.

And I got together with sophomores Jacey B. and Amanda W. to decorate some strawberries during our Nicholas Sparks marathon.