Best Friends: Karishma Bhakta & Kacie Brown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Names: Karishma Bhakta (@KarishB) & Kacie Brown (@kdawg_27) 

Ages: We don’t know about you, but we’re feelin’ 22-ooh-ooh

Year: Seniors

Majors:

Karishma: Cell Biology, minor in Business

Kacie: Nursing

Hometowns:

Karishma: Salina

Kacie: Fort Scott

Relationship Statuses:

Karishma: I would say Netflix & I have a pretty solid relationship.

Kacie: In a relationship 

Describe each other in 3 words:

Karishma: Kacie is compassionate, thoughtful and determined.

Kacie: Karishma is outgoing, protective and loyal. 

How old were you when you met each other?

Karishma: Kacie was 18 and I had just turned 19 the week before. Kacie turned 19 a few weeks after and on her 19th birthday I was coming out of the Hawk and saw Jeff Withey and ran down the hill and got him to take a picture with Kacie. Since then, she’s been known as “The Withey Woman.” 

Where did you meet?

Kacie: Ellsworth 4th floor! We lived across the hall from each other and instantly bonded over KU basketball.

What’s your favorite thing about each other?

Karishma: Kacie encourages me to follow my dreams and pushes me to get there. She’s always there to give me advice and knows exactly what to say to make me feel better! 

Kacie: Karishma is always there to listen to me vent about school and life and is a great listener. She always knows how to put a smile on my face. 

What was your favorite activity to do together freshman year? KU basketball games! We always make it a point to make posters too. 

How do you maintain your friendship even though you both don’t live in the same town?

Kacie: It was an adjustment when I got accepted to KU School of Nursing and had to leave Lawrence to move to KC, but we keep in contact through texting, phone calls and Skype. Plus, I’m back in Lawrence quite often so we get to see each other still! 

Pick a song that describes your friendship: We can’t think of a song, but we like a lot of the same artists! From Jesse McCartney to Luke Bryan, we like it all! Trust us, you don’t want to be there when we hear the Fresh Price of Bel-Aire theme song come on. 

Which celebrity do you both agree should run for President in the next election? Bill Self for Prez, duh.

What color would you pick to describe one another?

Karishma: Kacie is definitely pink. She’s basically Elle Woods, minus law school and the Chihuahua.

Kacie: Karishma is a yellow like a smiley-face because she has a contagious smile and is always full of energy and happiness. 

What emoji would you use in your iPhone to name each other if you couldn’t use text? We like the dancing twin emoji because we look alike… can’t you tell? Kacie BROWN and Karishma’s brown, so it’s the same thing. 

Accounting & Finance double major at the University of Kansas