nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Are Beyonce and Jay Z Running the World?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It is not an unjustifiable statement to say that the two most influential entertainment stars of the age have been Beyoncé and Jay Z. I believe one has reached A-list status when spell check automatically adds the apostrophe on your name. Nonetheless, never have they said in interviews or any other time that they wanted to “control the world” but if you listen closely to many lyrics preformed by both of them you may see an underlying message.

First, let’s start with Beyoncé’s hit song “Bow Down/ I Been On”, and how, literally, the lyrics say “bow down bitches, I’m so crown” which I would interpret to mean “I truly am Queen B, worship me.” However, Mrs. Carter doesn’t need a song to have people worship her, she is notorious for having people hash tag Beyoncé for President which ultimately makes her the Queen B that she is today.

The famous couple has even planted stories making the world stop and look at the stars. It had been rumored this past summer that Beyoncé and Jay Z were having marriage troubles, but no one actually thought this could be true. It was released that this was probably a publicity stunt for their On The Run tour. Mr. and Mrs. Carter truly have the world eating out of their hands.

Whispering around the tabloids has been the rumor about a recent Beyoncé album that could be released at any moment. The insane amount of genius that has come from two minds like Beyoncé and Jay Z have made the entertainment world what it is today. These two are shaping the way for future stars, but honestly these two cannot be touched.